bobshanen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, it seems like this problem is something that only I've experience, because I have not seen anyone talk about this anywhere else. It seems like the plugin is working as intended, however, when RPG Maker tries finding the correct audio file, it's destination uses "%2F" instead of "/". There is an example of this below. I'm not sure why RPG Maker is using "%2F" instead of "/", especially when it uses slashes earlier in the same file search. If those "%2F"s were replaced with "/"s, then the file would be there.unknown.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to JS/Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Is that the name of the plugin? I see BattleVoice but not ActorVoicesInBattle, in my default MV plugins.

Please show a screenshot of your plugin settings, or note tags, where you've specified the audio files to use.

I suspect you are not meant to create subfolders to put them in, and that they are simply meant to go in the audio/se folder, but I may be looking at a different plugin to you.

bobshanen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for posting it in the wrong forum, and thank you for moving it.

Here are the plugin settings. This was something I downloaded, so I don't think it's a default MV plugin. As you can see, the fourth section in the HELP notes says to create additional folders. I don't know why it's searching for "%2F" instead of "/". If there is a way to specifiy the location manually, and enter the "/" in myself, I feel like that would help. Then again, the reason I'm having this problem is because I'm still a beginner in RPG Maker.

Thank you for your swift reply and your help.

1609575687237.png

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Shaz I believe this is the plugin he was using.

@bobshanen Can you post a screenshot of the audio folders?

bobshanen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sure thing. Here is a picture of the audio folders:

This is a picture of the pathway.
1609722273185.png

As for a screenshot of the audio folders, which audio folder did you want me to post specifically? @Mr. Detective A screenshot of the folder called 'audio', or a screenshot of the 'se' folder where the 'Battle_Voices' folder is located.

Thank you for your help!

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@bobshanen Yes, it's troublesome, but please take a picture of the Battle_Voices folder and Yuri folder as well. Please also post the plugin configuration here (not screenshot, but just copy and paste) if you don't mind. I believe this might be because you have a wrong name for a file. Does this happen every time you playtest? Perhaps you accidentally leave in a space in one of the files?

Also, I didn't know this plugin works for MZ as well. Took a desperate try and it worked! Gotta thank you for asking this, lol.

bobshanen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, I'll do that!

Here is the 'Battle_Voices' folder.
1609728118733.png

And here is the 'Yuri' folder.
1609728164645.png

I've attached the plugin configuration to this post.

To answer your questions, this does happen everytime I playtest. From what I see, it looks like the file name in the configuration and the actual file name of the audio match (aside from the '.ogg').

And I'm glad it works with MZ! That's good info to have if I ever decide to upgrade.

Attachments

• ActorVoicesInBattleConfig.js
    53.7 KB · Views: 1

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@bobshanen OK. So I think I sort of replicated this error. At least I think, since it's not the exact same error, but perhaps it's because I'm using MZ.

aa12.jpg

Your folder must have the exact same name as the actor. For example, if the folder's name is "Yuri" only, then the actor's name must be "Yuri" only. I take it Yuri is not his full name in the database? I can't see the name of the files at the bottom for very weak enemies, but if you are sure you entered the file name correctly, then the only thing I can think of is the database name not matching.

One more thing you need to fix:

//"yuri_using_generic_skill_1", 100, 100, 0,
//"yuri_using_generic_skill_2", 100, 100, 0,
//"yuri_using_generic_skill_3", 100, 100, 0,
//"yuri_using_generic_skill_4", 100, 100, 0,

Remove those slashes. The person who converted the plugin must have accidentally left them there by mistakes. You won't hear the voice clips since // means to cancel something.

Another problem I can't figure out is that my voice clips for normal attack will not play. Not sure what issue is but maybe because I'm using MZ. If you run into this issue as well, let me know. Seems like there's no option to play voice clips for guarding, either.

bobshanen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your reply!

I actually put those slashes in there for those skills specifically since I don't have audio files for those.

And this is Yuri in the database.
1609778868981.png

I don't know if I'm missing something, but the name is definitely the same.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Guess I got ahead of myself, there...

What version of MV are you using? Seems like there might have been a conflict between the plugin and newer version of MV. I'm just guessing based on some people's posts in that thread. But I have yet to run into any issues so far and I'm using MZ.

Perhaps try to disable all the other plugins and only leave this one on. Worst case scenario, you'll have to upload your project up here so I or someone else can see what's causing it. If you do that, just make a copy of your project, delete everything else like story-related events but leave the database and the plugins' settings the same.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm in desperate need of environment sprites and tilesets for my game. If anyone is interested please DM me im willing to pay.
All badges and prizes for the Let's Make a Scene Heart Edition event SHOULD be out. If you participated and haven't received either or both, send me a PM.
I've played Dragon's Dogma recently. Now I know the feel when you play RPG but without fast travel or vehicle to roam around.
Nerine wrote on Eliaquim's profile.
I have an issue with your window skin plugin. After using plugin command to change window skin, it doesn't change the skin for message boxes and choice boxes until a player opens inventory.
Can anyone provide a link to where Vlue said that his Plugins for MV were free for commercial usage? I only see it on the thread here, but Vlue didn't directly start it. What do guys think about it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armexploit