Problem with Scope: None?

Feliaria

Good with Ideas, Bad with Execution
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, I have several skills that are set to Scope: None in my game. This is because I have a single actor and the skills with common events are mostly pure buffs.

Anyway, I recently started noticing that the skills with a scope of None are crashing the game? I haven't added or removed any plugins, but I don't use the "User" scope for aesthetics reasons. Could anyone help me figure this out? I'm stumped. The F8 thing isn't helping >_>

TypeError for None Scope.PNG

This is the error I'm getting.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Even if the console doesn't help you, it might give us a hint - because that error is usually something that has to do with plugin initialisation or plugin incompatibility, not with scopes.

Additionally, it would help to see a screenshot of the skill in question from the database - again because this might be caused by something else.

It also could be caused by having a damage formula without a target or something like that.

We simply don't have enough info too even guess, so please post those two screenshots.

Feliaria

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry about that, Andar! Here you go.

F8 Window- None Scope Issue.PNGNone Scope Skill 1.PNGNone Scope Skill 2.PNGNone Scope Skill 3.PNG

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The error either comes from the plugin VE Battlestatuswindow, or from the YEP Battleengine core, or an incompatibility between both.

If you disable both and start a new game, does the error still happen?

Does it happen if only one of them is enabled?

Is there a special reason why you're using VE battlestatus instead of yanfly's variant?

Feliaria

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm using VictorSant's because of the customization options. Yanfly's and the default program's menus both leave a lot of awkward space when you're missing 3/4 of the suggested party size. Meanwhile, with VictorSant's version, I can get this :D

VictorSant Battle Status Menu.PNG

However, testing removing one or the other, it does seem to be Victor's plugin. Deactivating Victor's makes it work, but deactivating Yanfly's still causes the issue :/

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Victor usually writes stable software, but he is on the "less"-side when it comes to descriptions (or at least that was the case with his Ace scripts, I haven't checked his MV-Plugins).

So I would first suggest checking if that script is configured correctly and you haven't forgotten something.

Then test if this error goes away if you keep the VE plugin active but disable any other plugin (test for everyone) - unlikely, but it might involve a third script with an incompatibility.

And if this is only on the VE Battlestatus and the configuration is OK, try changing the order of scripts.

Feliaria

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah... It's Victor's :(

Disabling everything except Victor's plugins still causes the crash. And it hasn't been updated... :/

EDIT: I went on Yanfly's page and saw that someone made an extension to her Battle Status Window. Lemme see if I can get that to work and if Yanfly's version causes the problem I'm having with Victor's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)
A friend requested me to do a pfp for his twitch channel, so far he approved one of my sketches, so going to digital now. The style he's looking for is quite different from my usual, hopefully I can get it right... :kaoback:
I am so hyped! A new post update and im anxious to see reactions..eeeeeeee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDontEvenKnow