Problem with Skill-transfer.

Scepii

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norvegian
Primarily Uses
I have an problem.
I'm working on evolutions in a Pokèmon game.
The way I'm doing it is that if an Bulbasaur (actor1) is a certain lvl it evolves into another Ivysaur (actor2). BUT, how can I transfer the skills from actor1 to actor 2?
(without having to check ALL the skills actor1 has learned)

Originally I just changed the class and graphics of the actor, but that messes up with certain Pokemon.

Posted Image.

Attachments

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try applying the skills to "Classes" instead of "Actors", then make both of your actors the same class.

Scepii

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norvegian
Primarily Uses
Try applying the skills to "Classes" instead of "Actors", then make both of your actors the same class.
Yeah that was my originial plan, but each class has different stats and types, it would take more work to do that..

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How about applying the same skills to two different classes, but different stats and types? (Again, not to the Actors)
Then you change both Actors and Classes at the same time. This would retain the skills while allowing them to have different parameters.

Scepii

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norvegian
Primarily Uses
How about applying the same skills to two different classes, but different stats and types? (Again, not to the Actors)
Then you change both Actors and Classes at the same time. This would retain the skills while allowing them to have different parameters.
Normally that would work, but as this is a Pokemon game I have an plugin which makes sure the Pokemon only can have 4 skills.
And as Pokemon learn alot of skills the combinations would be endless..

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That makes things a little complicated then. You would definitely need to check all the skills Actor 1 has learned, in order to apply it to another actor. I'm sure there's a script call for it, but batch checking isn't something I'm familiar with. I hope someone is able to provide you with the necessary script call or a plug-in suggestion for you. Sorry I couldn't help much.

Scepii

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norvegian
Primarily Uses
That makes things a little complicated then. You would definitely need to check all the skills Actor 1 has learned, in order to apply it to another actor. I'm sure there's a script call for it, but batch checking isn't something I'm familiar with. I hope someone is able to provide you with the necessary script call or a plug-in suggestion for you. Sorry I couldn't help much.
No problem, thank you anyways!

Scepii

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norvegian
Primarily Uses

Dalamar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Couldn't you just have the actor switch classes, then you would only need to check for the actor's level before the evolution and change the actor's new class level to the old one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not easy to find DS resources, is it? I need to make a good compilation thread linking to all the artists that do DS...
Spent a whole evening planning Stats, Animations, Abilities of 24 different weapons.. Only to realize I was just Bloating the Game. In the end i decided to stick with only 6.
Haven’t gotten over a mentor’s promotion. He deserves it, but he was the first person to be nice to me at work. It’s been hard for me to let him go.
So its confirmed MZ will have tile size locked at 48x48. So thats extremely lame. Still probably going to get it for the assets but Im gonna pout the whole time.
A friend used to ask why I don't colorize most of my drawings? The answer: I'm colorblind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
studiojap