Problem with sprite resizing

karinthefox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone! I've recently finished making some sprites for my game on MV and noticed that they were a tad small compared to the map. So I resized them with photoshop using the nearest neighbor option and all that jazz. The problem is that when I resize the image to 200%... the sprites get too big. I tried resizing the sheet to 150% but this deforms the sprites. Does anyone one know of a way to resize them just a bit and keep the quality?

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 12.22.14 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 1.00.30 AM.png

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think this is probably better over in Resource Support, as that is more about creating/editing resources.

Moving to Resource Support

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is impossible to resize to a non-multiple size and not lose some quality. That's just the rule of math. However, some resizing algorithm are better than others for some tasks. You could always try to supersample it to a multiple size (meaning no real loss, but it will look blurry at that resolution), like 400%-800%, then resize to your wanted resolution. The yield is usually better when you take a big picture and you resize it into something smaller.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is it meant to be pixel art? If so, you're just going to have to go in and manually clean it up. It's the unfortunate reality of the medium. If not, go ahead and use a different scaling algorithm, nearest neighbor is really only best for pixel art.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.
Sigh :( ... displaying numbers representing the stats of the PCs for a custom menu in rm2k3 is haaaaaaaarrrd!!! DX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevechtrs