dh8874

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi. This is my first time on the forum and I am working on my first game, but I recently hit a snag. Basically I want to have fly monsters that cannot be hit by short ranged weapons. And to make things more complicated (but more fun in my opinion) I want to implement a "grounded" status that allows the short ranged weapons to hit the flying monsters (The logic being that the bird or whatever in now on the ground after being shot out of the sky). I played around with the bat and gave it element rate: physical * 0% and created a new element called flying so the characters with long ranged weapons would have no problem hitting the airborne enemies. Which seems to work I just can't get rid of the bat's physical resistance when it's "grounded".  I created a state called grounded with element rate: physical * 200% but it don't negate the bat's element rate: physical * 0%. If anyone has some tips it would be much appreciated. I'm hoping to get a demo finished soon but this has stumped me. By the way , since I'm still new at this I don't really want to use any scripts until I have a better grasp of vanilla VX. Thanks

PS Any tip about anything would be appreciated.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Because the rates are multiplied, check the mathematical signs. Some parameters are added, others are multiplied.

And 200% * 0% still remains zero.

dh8874

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I understand the math. I'm just trying to turn off the enemies resistance with a skill. To get around that I decided to make "Fly" a skill that gives the enemy an immunity to physical and another skill to a character that debuffs the "Fly" skill. Not exactly what I wanted but close enough. Now the only problem is that it gets confusing since states aren't visible for enemies. Whatever thanks for responding.   

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Arcade-Style RPGM Games? RM2k3 Game Jam & Synth-Retro Music by Azakaela | RPG Maker News #39

Just evented my first minigame, no plugins~ :kaojoy:
I feel still screenshots don't do my game justice. the characters don't move, but the filter over them does...
Wonder if this year, there be more MZ plugin than MV or that MZ is still small compare to whole MV collection
Zaj
Hey morning all! I got another quick question..I just switched to RMMZ from VX Ace..so I am wondering why default scripts(is that how u call it) of VXAce is available, but not in MZ's case? How do I figure out ahh I mean could you show me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaterIce455