Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the doors are 1 tile too high on the walls how do I fix this? I attached an image to show what's up

Attachments

• error2.png
    error2.png
    567.5 KB · Views: 12

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
have you renamed the files?
The filenames of object sprites have to start with a !
all sprites without that ! at the beginning of the filenames are considered "people"-sprites, and people sprites are shifted up to make them look as if they are walking inside the grid instead of its borders.

But with all door- and object sprites there should be either ! or !$ at the front depending on single sprite or spritesheet

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
have you renamed the files?
The filenames of object sprites have to start with a !
all sprites without that ! at the beginning of the filenames are considered "people"-sprites, and people sprites are shifted up to make them look as if they are walking inside the grid instead of its borders.

But with all door- and object sprites there should be either ! or !$ at the front depending on single sprite or spritesheet
the filename is !_doors, so I would think it should be fine

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They are just supposed to be set one tile lower.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The square that you place an event graphic on is the bottom center square of that image in the spritesheet.

If you look at the image file, you'll see that the cells of the spritesheet extend beneath the door to create a rim underneath, so you either edit the image to crop it to where you want, or just place the event one square lower.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.
I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!
I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nspace