Adar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!
I have a serious problem with custom icons. When I change the icon set to a custom one, a black icon appears in the enemies and it does not take off, but when I return to the original icon set this does not happen, and I want to know if it happened to them and they have fixed it, or if they know how correct it. I would be very grateful if you could help me solve it

Captura.PNG Captura2.PNG

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Apparently your first icon in the custom icon set is black background, not transparency.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check your first icon.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
This isn't a deployment issue, so I'm moving this to MV Support.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
When the game draws icons, it uses the first index (or the topleft most icon) as the "blank" icon. So if your iconset has an actual icon on that place instead of just a transparent square, then that icon would be drawn over anything that was meant to be blank.

Adar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Apparently your first icon in the custom icon set is black background, not transparency.
It's transparency

When the game draws icons, it uses the first index (or the topleft most icon) as the "blank" icon. So if your iconset has an actual icon on that place instead of just a transparent square, then that icon would be drawn over anything that was meant to be blank.
The first icon in the customized is transparency

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The file name isn't "IconSet.png" ?

Or perhaps the issue is caused by one of your plugins?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The icon set is called IconSet.png, not cc.png

Does your iconset have an icon that's completely black? Are you using any plugins? Check them for a "default" icon index. I know a lot of people have this issue with one of Yanfly's battle plugins, because they typically add the plugin and expect it to work, not bothering to take the time to read and set up all the parameters.

Adar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The file name isn't "IconSet.png" ?

Or perhaps the issue is caused by one of your plugins?
I changed the name of the modified icon set to use the original. So the name currently does not matter.
The fact is that if I use the modified IconSet in a new project, the black box will also appear

The icon set is called IconSet.png, not cc.png

Does your iconset have an icon that's completely black? Are you using any plugins? Check them for a "default" icon index. I know a lot of people have this issue with one of Yanfly's battle plugins, because they typically add the plugin and expect it to work, not bothering to take the time to read and set up all the parameters.

The problem still persists if it is in a new project without plugins. And in the custom icon set there is no black box

Last edited by a moderator:

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If it's not an iconset with commissioned art or something can you post it here?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Try editing it in an image editor that supports transparency and delete the first icon. It might look transparent but maybe it actually isnt (due to encoding etc when the iconset was made/saved). Given that even on a project without plugins, the problem happens, then chances are its your iconset file that is the problem.

Last edited:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I changed the name of the modified icon set to use the original. So the name currently does not matter.
The fact is that if I use the modified IconSet in a new project, the black box will also appear
Well then this points to an issue with the iconset itself (we've ruled out problem with plugins). Maybe you should post your iconset which is causing the issue. Perhaps people here will be able to find the source of the issue.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where did you get your custom icon set? If you didn't pay for it, you can post it here (or post a link to where you got it from if you didn't make it yourself), and we can take a look at it.

Adar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try editing it in an image editor that supports transparency and delete the first icon. It might look transparent but maybe it actually isnt (due to encoding etc when the iconset was made/saved). Given that even on a project without plugins, the problem happens, then chances are its your iconset file that is the problem.
It still doesn't work, I guess it's because of the file size (3mbs) or the number of icons. RPGM MV has a limit of icons or can you add whatever?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What worst could happen when your driver said "I know a shortcut"?
Creating Telekinesis script for another user, couldn't resist doing a scripted scene to display progress, when I could have just shown it in seconds XD
My city has enacted some measures to lock down the city from the plague for the first time in China and it has been reported even on some international news. :kaomad2: I'd never imagined my little city would be paid attention to in such a way.
I made a lot of progress on the 2nd stage of my game. Only 10 levels but it took over a week to design and implement. Cant wait to share more info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fedon