Problem with tiles dimension ≠ 48x48

Soatz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Hi guys, 

i tried to use some 16x16 tiles but the results were not that good :/

there are some few problems when you change the resolution accordingly to the new tile dimension,

for example it's all blurred (probably it's caused by the shader or the rescaling algorithm).

Also the menu is sadly not available (i don't remember a plug in to change menu size....or is there?)

Thanks for help brothers ^_^

Soatz 

My plugins Schermata 2015-10-25 alle 16.37.38.png

What i see when playing (very blurred D: ) Schermata 2015-10-25 alle 16.36.31.png

The menu D: Schermata 2015-10-25 alle 16.37.03.png

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For me it's only blurry when I resize the window, but it would be nice if there was a way to prevent it from happening at all.

To make the window functional, you'll need to make the resolution bigger. I have a project on a 832x480 resolution with 16x16 tiles that were upscaled 2x to make them 32x32.

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The windows don't scale with the tile sizes, and when you resized the window, the windows didn't get any smaller, so they smooshed together. You'll have to leave the screen size the same until we can get a plugin made that properly scales the screen to accommodate smaller tile sizes. Larger screen sizes shouldn't cause any issues with the menus, as they'd just expand to fill the space.

Soatz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Thanks guys, i don't think that upscaling a 16x16 texture to 32x32 is a great solution because you're basically wasting 4 times the resources needed to render it, but if that's all we can do for now it's ok!

Is there any way i could solve this? How would you solve this problem?

Thanks guys,

Soatz

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Basically programming a new menu interface! XD

Unfortunately that's what you'd have to do. I'd love to see something like this too, tbh. A low resolution menus plugin.

KisaiTenshi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Hi guys, 

i tried to use some 16x16 tiles but the results were not that good :/

there are some few problems when you change the resolution accordingly to the new tile dimension,

for example it's all blurred (probably it's caused by the shader or the rescaling algorithm).

Also the menu is sadly not available (i don't remember a plug in to change menu size....or is there?)

Thanks for help brothers ^_^

Soatz 

My plugins
Schermata 2015-10-25 alle 16.37.38.png

What i see when playing (very blurred D: )
Schermata 2015-10-25 alle 16.36.31.png

The menu D:
Schermata 2015-10-25 alle 16.37.03.png
I believe this requires

PIXI.SCALE_MODES.DEFAULT = PIXI.SCALE_MODES.NEAREST;Being set, otherwise it will not use nearest-neighbor scaling, which is why stuff is blurry.

Soatz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
I believe this requires

PIXI.SCALE_MODES.DEFAULT = PIXI.SCALE_MODES.NEAREST;Being set, otherwise it will not use nearest-neighbor scaling, which is why stuff is blurry.
Thanks for the help man, sorry for the newbie question but... where do i write it? if i put it in a new script it marks me as an error in the console (like if something is undefined).

I've tried digging the pixi.js but i couldn't find anything to swap them t__t

EDIT:

i found it :D but it doesn't change anything...T___T 

i've looked into this for some time, it may have changed http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/3108-resize-screen-in-pixel-art-pixijs/

Last edited by a moderator:

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Wow... Awesome! This probably means one could make a scaling plugin that uses filters!

Milennin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So... it's in this part of the pixi.js?

/*** The scale modes that are supported by pixi.** The DEFAULT scale mode affects the default scaling mode of future operations.* It can be re-assigned to either LINEAR or NEAREST, depending upon suitability.** @property {Object} scaleModes* @property {Number} scaleModes.DEFAULT=LINEAR* @property {Number} scaleModes.LINEAR Smooth scaling* @property {Number} scaleModes.NEAREST Pixelating scaling* @static*/PIXI.scaleModes = {    DEFAULT:0,    LINEAR:0,    NEAREST:1};Tried changing this:

* @property {Number} scaleModes.DEFAULT=LINEARto:

* @property {Number} scaleModes.DEFAULT=NEARESTbut nothing happened...

Soatz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
So... it's in this part of the pixi.js?

/*** The scale modes that are supported by pixi.** The DEFAULT scale mode affects the default scaling mode of future operations.* It can be re-assigned to either LINEAR or NEAREST, depending upon suitability.** @property {Object} scaleModes* @property {Number} scaleModes.DEFAULT=LINEAR* @property {Number} scaleModes.LINEAR Smooth scaling* @property {Number} scaleModes.NEAREST Pixelating scaling* @static*/PIXI.scaleModes = {    DEFAULT:0,    LINEAR:0,    NEAREST:1};Tried changing this:

* @property {Number} scaleModes.DEFAULT=LINEARto:

* @property {Number} scaleModes.DEFAULT=NEARESTbut nothing happened...
I think that it's because that's the comment section ^_^ i'm asking Shaz right now in another thread, be strong my 16x16 brothers! :D

Milennin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think that it's because that's the comment section ^_^ i'm asking Shaz right now in another thread, be strong my 16x16 brothers! :D
Lol, it's already fixed in another thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Do you have an audio you want me to animate? If so send me the youtube link and I’ll animate it.
Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!

This is vid of my new game, Crystalgazers. A demo is available on my Gamejolt

I just thought of the best achievement for my game: "'I Didn't Know You Were a Developer!' Find and enter one or more dev room(s)."
I made this animation to apply to a job, what do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjrocks2000