Problem with Transparency in RPM2k3

Discussion in 'RPG Maker 2000/2003' started by zxid, Sep 29, 2018.

1. zxid

zxid Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    I've got RPG Maker two days ago and probably this is due inexperience, but I've looked for tutorials and still can't solve this issue.

room.png

(The chipset is pretty basic because I've just wanted to practice)

I've tried to set the fuchsia color as transparency and put it in the square the Help center marked, I assumed it would work since I've also used the default chipsets that come with RPG maker as ref but it didn't worked.

This is what it looks in the Lower Layer

[​IMG]

But this happens when I edit the upper layer (making my playable character also invisible unless he walks into certain objects)
    [​IMG]

If someone can explain me how to fix this so transparency work I higly appreciate it! Thanks a lot!

(As you might noticed English is not my first language, you can ask me to reword something, but otherwise i can read english fine so no need to limit youself explaining, also hablo espaƱol ^_^;; )

2. Poryg

Poryg Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    RPG maker 2003 works with a 256 color palette and takes the first color to be transparent.
    I used to deal with this with a program called iDraw, since that program loads the image's palette.

3. kaine

kaine Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Simply use the same color for the higer level.
    I see in the chipset 2 pink/fuchsia tonalities, use one of them and the problem is solved.

And yes this part is very important.

4. zxid

zxid Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Thank you! I read the "first color to be transparent" before but because I'm turbo lost I didn't knew ow to figure /which/ was the first color (Spoiler, it was pitch black, but I figured this by accident).

Also MS Paint let's you save with the 265 colors and I end up using that one xP.

(The thread can be closed, I'm new so IDK how to contact mods, thanks a lot everyone)

5. Poryg

Poryg Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Pitch black is not the best color to be background xD I've had holes in my chars thanks to it.