Problem with transparency in tiles

Venex

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hello,

I have a problem importing a custom tileset into MV.

This is what my tileset looks like in Windows:

BueroBoden_v2.png

That's what it looks like in GraphicsGale:
Unbenannt.png

The yellowish areas are supposed to be transparent.

This is what happens in MV:
Unbenannt.png

I don't know how to fix this.

Thank you in advance.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It does seem to be working. The white/gray check pattern in MV means it's transparent. It will be transparent in game, it just appears that way in the engine to make it easier to see what is transparent.

Celestrium

Worldsmith
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you want to try changing the transparency in MV, I made some screenshots to show you how. This can help you identify the transparency better. I make mine a birght pink so I can tell where it is. Hope that helps!
It looks like the transparency is there fine, just as MushroomCake28 stated.

1606769116444.png
1606769167364.png

Venex

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Thank you!

I see ... What I thought was an error were just the white and grey boxes shining through.

I still have a problem when starting my game:

Unbenannt.png

The transparent areas appear in black. I don't know what is causing this.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If there's nothing underneath it will be black. Think of it like there's a black canvas and you start painting on it with tiles. If you have a 100% transparent tile, and if you put nothing else underneath it or on top of it, you'll just get some black.

Venex

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
OK, I see, but I put a white surface underneath the table (the tile with the transparent background).

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can you show us how it looks in the editor?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can see that there's nothing underneath the table since you can see the editor's transparent marker (the white and gray check pattern). You need to place the floor tile first, then place the table tiles on top of it. If you've set your tileset correctly, it should work and the table should be on top of the floor. If you didn't configure your tileset correctly, the table tile could override the floor tile, which is one possible explanation to your problem.

Venex

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
This explanation makes sense.

If my table tile was overriding the floor tile, how do I make it that it doesn't override it anymore? I've set the transparency in GraphicsGale and don't know what possibly went wrong with it.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Floors override each other, but you can place walls and fences/tables on top of floors. The way the system determine what type is a tile is by looking at its position in the tilesets. Head over to the database and in the tilesets tab.

Tile A1: All animated floor tiles (usually water tiles)
Tile A2: The first half vertically is for floor tiles (ground floor usually). The second half vertically is for anything that goes on top of floors (grass, fences, tables, holes, etc.).
Tile A3: Walls and Roof
Tile A4: Walls
Tile A5: Miscellaneous

A1 And the first half of A2 can't be on top of each other.
The rest can go on top of A1 and the first half of A2.

Venex

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
I didn't know that A2 is split-up into two different tile-types. I guess this should solve my problem. Is it pre-defined in the system that the second half of A2 begins after 384 pixels and ends after 768 pixels?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't remember the exact pixel position, but if you go to your tile tabs the first 4 columns are floor and the next 4 columns are the other stuff.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you thought you'd be finished with the grid, and spend ~8-9 hours on an arrow. How is this more difficult to than player movement?

Still some bugs hiding in there, but it's nearly complete.

I'm having it strictly follow the path a user draws, because there will be booby trap and other similar mechanics where you want to avoid specific cells.
I feel like banging my head against a wall every time I want to find that post that shows all the plugin header codes. Then I think "next time I find it, I'm going to bookmark it". Then I think "wait a minute ... maybe I bookmarked it last time because it took me so long to find it". Check bookmarks, and there it is :)
... a few of my main characters standing around doing nothing lol. I mostly wanted to see them together on screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucimountfort