Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
This is a nice feature but which doesn't fully behave properly.
Some skills require that a certain type of weapon is equipped (for instance a sword) otherwise they cannot be used.
However if you select a staff instead (using the swap function), the skill is not be greyed out like it should be. It's still available regardless of which weapon type you pick.
Am I doing something wrong or is it a glitch with the plugin and if so, can it be fixed?
Thanks in advance!

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is intentional, and included in the documentation.

Required Weapons​

RPG Maker MZ's skills allowed for Required Weapons and needed the actor to have any of the said weapon type(s) equipped upon usage. This function has now been changed. Now, as long as the actor has any of the weapon types available and a weapon attached to it, the actor will be able to use the skill without needing to switch to that weapon first.

When using the skill, the actor will switch to the first available weapon type if needed as long as it is a requirement.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Oh so if I understand correctly, if you pick a skill requiring a sword, the game will automatically swap to equipping the sword as well, regardless of the weapon currently in use?
If so that's pretty great.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yep, that's exactly it. As long as the character has that weapon slot occupied and is capable of switching to the appropriate weapon type, it'll switch automatically when you use a weapon skill that requires it.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Thank you for your reply.

More feedback and bug report.
Please note I'm using the default battle system front view: Swap is available below Attack.

If I equip only a staff and nothing else, I can still use the skill requiring a Sword.
If I equip no weapon at all and try to use Swap, the game freezes.

May I also suggest the following:
* If there is only one weapon equipped, there should be no need to use Swap to use it (right now you still need to press Swap BEFORE attacking or else the actor will attack bare handedly - not very intuitive).
* If there are several weapons equipped, pick the first in the list (same problem, attacking bare handedly is pointless).

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Have you filled in the VS bug report form for it?

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Also is there a way to move Swap below Spell and Skill (so have it 4th in the menu not 2nd)?

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I think this should go there but which tag should I use to include the Swap function?

1621260296249.png

Also I can confirm that using a project with only Visu 0/1 + Swap Weapon still gives all the bugs I've mentionned. I also tried <Switch to Weapon Type: id> which didn't work either.
The battle system I use is the "default" one, Time Progress (Wait).

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

*sigh* This one turned out really well... except for the left arm pose...
fPRzKSp.jpg

Yes I purposely cutout the arm cause from the pic
A month into making my life/dating sim game and I've finally finished making all of the love interests :kaocry: I still have to make most of their emotion range and overworld sprites but aye I'm proud of myself.
would i get in trouble if i didn't take out the computer icons on my fake computer screen i had Discord, Messanger, and rpg maker up
Auto-Adjust Text Outline, Run Common Events on Transfer | RPG Maker News #111

I sweep the floor. My brother, "You didn't do a good job. There are dust bunnies everywhere." He sweeps the floor weeks later. "I just swept. Why are there dust bunnies everywhere?" Me," Guess you didn't do a good enough job."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fenrir_