Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is there a known problem with Yanfly's System Options Menu script when it comes to the Hide/Show battle animations choice?

It simply isn't working in my project, and I have to assume that if there isn't a known bug, then there is some obscure incompatibility issue between it and one of a myriad other scripts.  But I thought I'd check first, in the forlorn hope that there might be something that was easily fixed.

Thanks. 

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've known it to have some issues with other scripts that control the battle animations. If there's another script that controls battle animations then the animations will still play no matter what you set yanfly's script to. If the other scripts can be controlled with switches then tie them to the same switches.

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It is highly unlikely that it will work with any advanced custom battle systems, as those usually do not use the default 'show_normal_animation' method for showing the animations in battle, and that is the only method altered in Yanfly's script.

So, yeah, it is most probably an incompatibility issue.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm using Yami's Battle Symphony, so I assume that is the root of the problem.

Is there a way, then of removing that option from the Menu?  That would be better than having a broken option.

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
That didn't worked for me as well. I'm pretty sure it's caused by having custom battle system (at least most of them).

You can remove that option in script as well as adding more or rearranging them.

There you have all the options (starts from line 106):

COMMANDS =[ :window_red, # Changes the red tone for all windows. :window_grn, # Changes the green tone for all windows. :window_blu, # Changes the blue tone for all windows. :volume_bgm, # Changes the BGM volume used. :volume_bgs, # Changes the BGS volume used. :volume_sfx, # Changes the SFX volume used. :blank, :autodash, # Sets the player to automatically dash. :instantmsg, # Sets message text to appear instantly. :animations, # Enables battle animations or disables them. # :switch_1, # Custom Switch 1. Adjust settings below. # :switch_2, # Custom Switch 2. Adjust settings below. # :variable_1, # Custom Variable 1. Adjust settings below. # :variable_2, # Custom Variable 2. Adjust settings below. :blank, :to_title, # Returns to the title screen. :shutdown, # Shuts down the game. ] # Do not remove this.put # before :animations to disable that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kes

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I know that - but just removing it from the script leaves a nasty blank space in the Menu.  The Menu window needs adjusting, and it is that which is what I need help with.

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
:blank is responsible for leaving spaces between options. You can remove or add wherever you want spaces to adjust your menu to your liking.

Or... do you mean resising that window or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No, I was having an airhead moment.  (Several, actually. I really need to do something about this headache)

Of course I can do the adjusting.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.
What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?
Been averaging 2-3 hours sleep for almost a month now. Starting to space out all the time ^^;
loopk wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Nice to meet you. My name is loopk.
May I use the materials distributed here for adult games for sale?

Thank you in advance.
loopk wrote on Avery's profile.
Nice to meet you. My name is loopk.
May I use the materials distributed here for adult games for sale?

Thank you in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TsuruharaYuki