Problem with Yanflys' Doodads (Base Plugin)

lupina015

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Hello there!

When I built a map in RPG Maker MV with Doodads' on it - is there a way, when I make a copy of this map (I like to have seperate maps for cutscenes) that the Doodads are also copied with the normal map I made in the Editor? Or do I have to rebuilt the entire map?

Thanks in advance!

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
You can. The position of every doodads is in the file doodads.json in your data folder. You have to read it, understand how it's done (shouldn't be too complicated) and copy it while changing the map's ID.

lupina015

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Hi,

thank you for your advice!
But when I open the code, the map ID's are nowhere to be found. Instead, it all looks like this:

upload_2017-4-3_23-48-16.png

Where can I see on which map each doodad is placed?

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Can you send me the Json file by PM ?

blade911

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just ran into this same problem, anyway to solve it?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
lol - the solution has just been explained above. Did you try?

blade911

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I Actually tried that before coming here for help, I searched the doodad.json in Brackets and saw no way to identify the map the doodads are used on. Maybe I missed something.

lupina015

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Sadly the Problem isn't solved yet :-\
I read the code of doodads.json but map ID's are nowhere to be found.
I'm not a programmer, so I was hoping that someone could explain that code to me and tell me how to find out on which map each listed doodad is placed.

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
I know it's 2 months later, but as running right now across the same issue I thought I put a possible solution.

The doodads info seem to be saved in the map data files.
I don't know how to read them out, but with carefully copying maps, deleting old and recreating I am actually able to restore the finished maps.
All needed is to delete the map with the number which had the doodads and exactly then paste the needed map so it would fill that number..

As for example:

- you finished map 001, 002 and 003.
- you copy 001 (it will become 004), then you delete 001.
- you create some placeholders... they will become 001 (the deleted), 005, 006
- doodads seem still to be stored stored as 001

Well, that's my theory.
It has been more of coincidence, that I seen my needed doodads placements on another map, so I copied the old map which needed them, deleted the new who had them, paste the old and - magic - all was restored.

Hope that helps...

JGreene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your doodads and their placement and size/color settings etc are linked to the map ID they're on. The raw data is somewhere in one of the files associated with the plugin, or within the settings of your project. However, there doesn't seem to be a clear and defined way to access it. You'll probably have to wait until Yanfly's team releases an update that allows doodads to be copied over to new maps.

Hyouryuu-Na

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you open the Doodads.json file, you will see that the data for the doodads of a specific map are arranged inside a '[]' bracket. The map IDs aren't written anywhere but the data is arranged in the order of the maps. That means the data for the nth map is within the nth bracket in the Doodads.json file. To copy the doodads from one map to another you just need to copy the doodads data of the map and paste it where the new map should be. If you don't have doodads in a particular map with ID before the new map, just write 'null' in it's place and paste the data after it. Then hopefully, you will see that your new map has all the doodads.

Br0wnSyndrome

Drunk Programmer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Will post a video tutorial tomorrow on how to do this (probably).

blade911

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think yanfly mentioned something about allowing to copy doodads from map to map using the doodad menu. will have to double check the ******* email.

Hyouryuu-Na

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think yanfly mentioned something about allowing to copy doodads from map to map using the doodad menu. will have to double check the ******* email.
Really? You mean there's a copy function in the menu that we see after pressing F10? Or will it be available in the future?

blade911

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Shouldl be available in a future update

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Worst part about doing a plugin based on an existing system: figuring out the best way for developers to set up the data.
Right now, my free time is less when Covid 19 in my country.
Begin to reduce the number of daily infections to 0.
Okay someone really needs to fix that broken railing, its a health hazard...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirty_score