Problems adding a state outside of combat

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by hsumi, Mar 30, 2017.

1. hsumi

hsumi Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have an item called 'cheesecake' that, when used, increases magic attack. The buff is set to wear off after a number of steps, so it can be retained through multiple battles. This works fine if it's used in battle. It adds the state, and is retained afterward for the designated number of steps.

The problem arises when I try to apply the state outside of battle, either through an event or using the item. Whenever I try to apply the state, it crashes with the following errors.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It appears to be a problem with the Victor Engine Battle Sprites plugin, but I don't have a clue how to fix it without disabling the plugin entirely.

2. hsumi

hsumi Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm sorry, I made this thread on the wrong board. Can someone move it to MV?

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Please show us screenshots of the item and the state - it could be that you made a mistake there that causes the error.

However, most probably it comes from combining Victor's and Yanfly's plugins - there is a good chance that this created an incompatibility.
    (You can't just assume that the last plugin mentioned in the console is the one where the error is - all plugins that are listed as part of the error trace in the console are involved in that error)

4. hsumi

hsumi Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I know the item isn't where the issue is coming from, since my original plan was to talk to an NPC and have the state be applied via event, but I get the same error regardless of how I apply the state.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I was afraid of the root being an incompatibility with my plugins. I really don't want to have to disable any of them if I can find a workaround.
    I can sort of get around it by making the item only usable in battle, but I'd rather not have to make that stipulation since it doesn't make much sense contextually.

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    show a screenshot of your plugin manager - sometimes all that is needed is to reorder them into the correct order (which is especially important for Yanfly's Plugins)

However - are you aware that a debuff rate does nothing by itself? And that a debuff is a reduction of the value?
    Your state simply increases the chance that a debuff cast by an enemy is successfull by 150% - which is not a bonus, but an increased chance of a malus to whoever gets this state.
    To increase the mat you would have to use a different trait.

I suggest you follow the link to the starting point in my signature and work through the tutorials there to learn the basics of what option does what in the RM engines to prevent such mistakes. Changing that won't make the state work of course, but this state wouldn't work as intended after you solve the plugin problem...

6. hsumi

hsumi Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Whoops, yeah, that was a silly mistake on my part, ahaha. The state effect should work as intended now, at least. My only previous experience with RPG Maker was XP, so I'm still learning most of the new features.
    As for the plugins, I rearranged them since the last error log, and this is what they look like now, along with the new error log.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]