MelonMintGames

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have been following the instructions on the help file to deploy to iOS. Some things have changed (as the file was written several years ago) but I was more or less able to figure out how to set up Cordova, Xcode, etc.

However, even though the build is successful, when I try to emulate it in the iOS emulator I am getting the dreaded "failed to load: data/Actors.json" error. I even tried creating a fresh project with no plugins/anything else and still no good.

I haven't been able to find anything out about this but it looks like based on the last comment in this thread that this is a problem that has been around for a while. See: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/exporting-for-ios-and-android.46343/post-1062647

My GUESS is this has something to do with RPG maker not working with the latest versions of either Cordova or Node.js, so I might try to install some earlier versions of it and try it again later, but has anyone else figured this out?

Darkwing

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I've been encountering the same issue trying to deploy to iOS. I don't think it's a problem with RPG Maker... You'll notice it's the same error message as if you tried to load the index.html straight from your web browser, which is standard protection from the web browser to keep people from accessing content on your system.

From my troubleshooting, I've found that my game works fine testing from the RPG Maker IDE, works fine when deployed to an apache web server, and worked fine when deployed to an Android emulator. Seems like there's a setting I've yet to figure out with the Cordova / Xcode project setup.

MelonMintGames

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been encountering the same issue trying to deploy to iOS. I don't think it's a problem with RPG Maker... You'll notice it's the same error message as if you tried to load the index.html straight from your web browser, which is standard protection from the web browser to keep people from accessing content on your system.

Another user actually helped me set up my xcode file in a way that didn't even require using cordova. If my app gets accepted by the app store (not ready to launch yet so could be a while) I will make a detailed tutorial, but basically here's what I did (note that I'm not on my Mac right now so the names of everything might not be EXACTLY right):

1. Create a new Xcode project for iphone. Choose "game" as the template.
2. Go to GameViewController.swift and add the following to the top
Code:
import UIKit
import SwiftUI
import WebKit
3. Change the ViewDidLoad function on GameViewController.swift to the following:
Code:
   override func viewDidLoad() {
        super.viewDidLoad()
        webView.configuration.preferences.setValue(true, forKey: "allowFileAccessFromFileURLs")
        let htmlPath = Bundle.main.url(forResource: "index", withExtension: "html", subdirectory: "www")!
        webView.loadFileURL(htmlPath, allowingReadAccessTo: htmlPath)
        webView.navigationDelegate = self
        view = webView

}
4. Import your www folder from your deployed game into the project.

And honestly, just like that, the game works! Again, I will make a detailed tutorial if this format actually gets accepted by apple, but for now that has been working when I deploy the app to my iPhone.

kash473

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi does this produce the ipa file for Iphone when you use that method above. I have success with Andriod but the IOS is giving me some issues.

MelonMintGames

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi does this produce the ipa file for Iphone when you use that method above. I have success with Andriod but the IOS is giving me some issues.
So far I have tested it and it works on my iPhone with no problems!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So the Fire alarm went off 3 times in less then a half hour on my building. But my cat is so use to it going off he doesn't even run behind the couch anymore. He is just like, "This again?"
It has been brought to my attention that the name of my main robot protagonist in bio-Synthetica (R3-M1) is a Star Wars character LOL Woops. Always Google search names. The new name of my robot is now K0-R1. :kaophew:
I'm considering making my own battlers from scratch, it seems like a daunting task, but I like the look of it so much...A_Miriam3.png
I picked up running again after a long time and managed to get from 2.25km to 7km in two weeks :3 Time to get rid of those covid kilos!
Have you ever wondered what the lives of the NPC's are like in your hero's story? Come an find out with us as we play, "A Story Beside" by Wayward Prophet :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotix