Dang, it feels good to be a Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello.

I've put some custom music files in myproject/audio/bgm, and they aren't showing up in the game. I understand that you theoretically don't need to import resources anymore, just to put them in the proper project folder - so this is very frustrating.

Possible problems I might be having:
  • The songs are in .mp3 format
  • The songs have underscores in the titles
  • something else that I have no idea of
What the heck is going on? Can anyone help me actually play the custom music for my project?

ETA:
1595196753036.png
1595196799268.png

Waifus69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello.

I've put some custom music files in myproject/audio/bgm, and they aren't showing up in the game. I understand that you theoretically don't need to import resources anymore, just to put them in the proper project folder - so this is very frustrating.

Possible problems I might be having:
  • The songs are in .mp3 format
  • The songs have underscores in the titles
  • something else that I have no idea of
What the heck is going on? Can anyone help me actually play the custom music for my project?

ETA:
View attachment 151868
View attachment 151869
Convert them into .ogg file, MV only read .ogg.

Last edited:

BlissAuthority

Dang, it feels good to be a Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That was in fact the problem, thank you!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have been enjoying a game on my iPhone, called Wonderbox. It is just a little game where you create adventures, share them, whilst also being able to play others. It's a bit zelda-esque. I have started some youtube for those, gonna start with RPG maker things soon as well. So if you wish to see, do check it out :)
SF_People3_3 added!
index.php

ScreenShot_1_3_2022_1_32_12.png
I feel QSprite for MV is underrated. I basically am able to use my chibi sideview battlers I drew on the maps and have all the motions available. this'll help a lot with cutscenes.
I've figured out how to reasonably tall-ify chibi sprites on my editor. I like that making tall sprites gives me control on expressing how tall characters seem on the field relative to each other as well as better differentiate adult sprites from child sprites.
doing some wacky experimental stuff in MV right now :kaoluv: I cannot wait to drop what I've been working on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lesbofication