123uconduit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey so I am trying to add movement to an event that is auto run. I have the player moving 3 steps to the right (so it can show everyone in the party) in the beginning of the event but every time I start the event with that the game freezes.

Also, Later on in the event (after dialogue) the NPC character walks down 2 and 4 to the left. She moves down but cannot move left (she stops midway). I am not sure what stops her. The ground is different which may be a problem but I put passage on the tile via database so I don't know why she can move on different terrain.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Autorun typically "freezes" the game until the condition of that page is changed. (unless the problem is a total crash?)

In the other situation, is the NPC event crossing another event, like a step-on event?
Even if it's below character, I think you still need to turn Through ON to make events walk over events.
throughon-o.gif

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-21%20at%2011.11.43%20PM.png

This is really bad advice if you've already considered this. My solutions are always the obvious ones at first.

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, @123uconduit , can you share a screenshot of the entire autorun event with us? I think a screenshot of the location that this is happening in might be useful too, as it sounds like you might be having issues with tile passability.

I would think the most likely culprit for the freezing given what you've shared is that your autorun event's move route is probably set to "wait for completion", but not "skip if cannot move", and something is preventing the player from moving (as with your other event), so you're stuck inside the move route with no way to stop. A good way to test would be to check "skip if cannot move". If the player doesn't move as expected, but you're no longer frozen on that event, that's most likely what's going on.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The ground is different which may be a problem
may be a problem related to different tile layer/type.
duplicate the map, and paint the affected area all the same color, preferably a grass tile, just to be sure.

if it works, your problem is probably a "wall" tile next to a "floor" tile, which mutually exclude one another.
even though their colors might pass as a floor, they can be a wall.

autotiles are tricky. ¯\_ツ_/¯

123uconduit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks to everyone for the help. @gstv that was it. It's fixed now thank you so much. I changed it to grass and it was fixed.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png
Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png
Hmm.... So I can use my quick ports of QPlugins, but QMovement breaks MZ's save system. Or I can use the Luna port of the QPlugins whose QMap breaks MZ's save system. I can't decide I want to fix one of those, or just make a new save system. The new one would look so much better.. I'm kind of tempted. :LZSexcite:
I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:
I just booked a spot for my COVID vaccine today. I am just waiting to see when they can get me in. I'll be so happy when I don't have to be paranoid about the virus anymore. I'm also thinking about moving to Atlanta, Georgia, Denver, Colorado, or Houston, Texas in the far future. Maybe once my channel gets off the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schpsu5261