Problems with auto-completing textures and other textures

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by 1Poseidon3, Dec 2, 2015.

1. 1Poseidon3

1Poseidon3 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Okay so the title was slightly ambiguous but I have a problem that I will describe with the pictures below.

[​IMG][​IMG]

The first picture is of the sample map called Snow Town and the second picture is of a map that I created. As you can see, the textures in my map are not playing nice compared to the textures from the sample map. How do I make my map look like the sample map (i.e. Make stairs not have a top border, make left and right edges of cliffs blend to their ends better, make the borders disappear near the trees)? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. nerdypants

nerdypants Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Singlish
    saw somewhere on the forums you hold shift while placing the tile it wont be auto tile

3. Zalerinian

Zalerinian Jack of all Errors Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You'll need to become familiar with Shift-Mapping. Using the shift key, you can place down a copied auto-tile (right click to copy) exactly as it was when you copied it. It won't automatically refit itself based on the tiles around it. simply press shift, and left click, and it will go there as you wanted. You'll need that to copy the snow tile without a border, in order to remove the one above the stairs.

Now, I'm not a mapper, I'm a programmer, so I may be slightly off. I know there are tutorials around for this, so look around. Maybe Andar has one linked in his signature, I'm not sure.

4. 1Poseidon3

1Poseidon3 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Exactly what I was looking for. I didn't realize that was a thing. Thanks for the help.