Problems with Creating Custom Main Menu (Persisting Events)

GGMaX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to create a custom main menu by:

1) turning on a switch (which tells the game im inside the main menu)
2) transferring the player a new map with a parallax image of the main menu
3) moving pictures around to serve as interaction.

Pressing the cancel button does the reverse (erase pictures, turn off switch, transfer player back to original map).

This works fine and all using Yanfly's Main Menu Manager and Button Common Events. However, I can foresee the problem of possibly resetting ongoing events when I do go to and leave the "Main Menu" map. Is there any way of having events persist, or do I just have to be crafty with my event scripting?

Also, I'm open to other custom main menu plugins. I found Yanfly's Main Menu Manager very powerful in functionality, but is quite limited aesthetically. If there are other options, I'd like to know about them.

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't do transfer. Why'd you need that anyway?
Just put your event menu inside common event.

GGMaX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't do transfer. Why'd you need that anyway?
Just put your event menu inside common event.

I tried doing this but pictures don't show on top of one another, the cursor appears first then the menu pops up without the picture. Does RMMV have a problem with showing pictures on top of one another? I've already made sure they're different IDs too.

EDIT: Ok, nevermind, got it to work, just have to rearrange the numbers showing (cursor should've had a higher pic number). Will keep this open, might have more questions regarding main menus

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I realized that I don't talk about my game's plot too much. not that I'm hiding stuff, I just don't know what I should tell people in general that would be important. I know more so what plot points NOT to tell.
Have any of you read Sutter Kane?
My winter pack is now free on itch.io!
Writing music for Utara Forest, a location in All the King's Men. Nothing evokes a mysterious, dreamy sound like solo clarinet and modulation!
Man, nobody has created an MZ state animation plugin outside of VisuStella. That breaks my heart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mellissap