Problems with day/night cycle and tinting a dungeon

tomexplodes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
EDIT I basically already know what I did wrong. The parallel process in the dungeon is overwriting the one telling it to change on the way out. Just make the one on the way in do the tint. Also, call the transition common event on all my indoor-going-outdoor transfer events. Got it. Leaving it here in case anyone else does this to themselves.
EDIT AGAIN: Also, important to make the tint happen AFTER the transfer in the event order.
EDIT YET AGAIN: Nope, it needs to happen before if you're walking into a parallel event place. Put in a fadeout screen before the tint and a fadein screen after the event to avoid a jarring 1 frame tint blip

Basically I have a day/night common event, a parallel process that runs in outdoor locations to transition between the two with a screen tint, and a second common event that does the tinting immediately that I put on the event for exiting the dungeon I'm working on. Here's my stuff:
The day/night cycle
1.png
The parallel process
2.png
The way out of the dungeon
3.png
The common event it's referencing.
4.png
When I walk out of the dungeon, it stays dark and then slowly tints back to normal over the 360 frames, even though I swear I'm telling it to readjust the tint before I walk outside. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello again!
Turn off the switch when transferring to a dungeon, then change the tint screen.

tomexplodes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello again!
Turn off the switch when transferring to a dungeon, then change the tint screen.
I'm pretty sure that would break the time of day while I'm in the dungeon. I want time to keep passing. I've got it sorted now, it was one of those "why won't this work!? I need help!" and then 12 seconds later it clicked in my brain and I solved it.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Make separate events, one that is just the clock with its own switch and the other that is to change the tone of the screen in outdoor locations.
This way it is easy to even affect internal windows of the houses.

Good luck.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So many threads to move to the right place. My post count is awesome, but 95% of it is due to moving things.
So...I decided to make music for my game... Because i've never done anything musical in my life. I even failed music in school, you basically just had to show up to pass and I somehow failed xD
Original Character Contest Winners Season 3 Pack! is now live!

I know it's a waste of time, but I decided to create a script that forces the RM2k game to always be in windowed mode. Just for fun anyway.
Rm2k.png
Coding some stuff. I just hope I'll be able to finish before school starts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeusEsca