RMMV Problems with displaying the quest book: "Dark screen" in the mobile version [RPG Maker MV]

Klimber

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! While working on one project, there was a problem after porting a game from a PC to a phone. The game uses the Yanfly_Quest Jornal plugin. On the PC, when the "Quest" option is selected, the task is displayed normally (see screen 1). With the same actions on the android (in the web \ apk assembly), instead of the description of the quest, a black screen appears(see screen 2). Please tell me what is causing this error? And how can it be eliminated?1.PNG
2.jpg

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
my first comment would be that some plugins do not work on mobile because the programmer used functions that are not available on mobile deployment - many of srd's plugins have that problem for example.
however I never heard of any yanfly plugin with the same problem, so it might be something entirely different.

can you give us a screenshot of your plugin manager with all plugins and their order?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Klimber

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
my first comment would be that some plugins do not work on mobile because the programmer used functions that are not available on mobile deployment - many of srd's plugins have that problem for example.
however I never heard of any yanfly plugin with the same problem, so it might be something entirely different.

can you give us a screenshot of your plugin manager with all plugins and their order?
Of course, here is the list:
1617871196768.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it looks as if the order of yanfly's plugins is wrong, and that is known to cause strange effects.
you can add other plugins between yanfly plugins, but not have the yanfly plugins in the wrong order.

please check with yanfly's main list on his website - the plugins have to be in exactly that order.

please keep in mind that changing the order will invalidate all older savefiles, you'll need to start your playtests from the beginning after that.

Klimber

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it looks as if the order of yanfly's plugins is wrong, and that is known to cause strange effects.
you can add other plugins between yanfly plugins, but not have the yanfly plugins in the wrong order.

please check with yanfly's main list on his website - the plugins have to be in exactly that order.

please keep in mind that changing the order will invalidate all older savefiles, you'll need to start your playtests from the beginning after that.
Thanks for help)
But After rearranging the plugins in the desired order, the quest book screen is still dark(
This my new manage plugins:1617894557850.png

Klimber

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Andar, Please tell me if someone other than me had a similar problem on this forum?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not that I know of, and I don't know what it is either - otherwise I would already have answered.

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just to rule out the possibility of plugin incompatibility or user error, you might want to try deploying a blank project with only the Quest Book plugin, just to be certain that the issue still happens.

Klimber

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just to rule out the possibility of plugin incompatibility or user error, you might want to try deploying a blank project with only the Quest Book plugin, just to be certain that the issue still happens.

Thanks for prompt!
Yes, I added plugin in empty project and bug is present. Even with standard plugin and engine settings. He looks like how on screenshot.
Perhaps the problem is somewhere inside the plugin code?:rswt

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It looks to me like the window contents being drawn are too large for the device to handle.

Check the console on the device with the error and if you see a warning that says something like "WebGL: INVALID_VALUE: texImage2D: width or height out of range" then the window is too large for your device to draw and it will appear black like the screenshot.

Klimber

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
Primarily Uses
RMMV

casper667

Thanks to your hint, I was able to figure out that the problem lies in the settings of the quest description.
In the mobile version, I have 2 out of 4 quests displayed, with a font of 16 units (default 28).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Generate Actors, Dark Fantasy Monsters, & I Heard There Was a Chosen One, | RPG Maker News #42

Work on Cat Quest: The Last Catmancer continues slowly but surely. :kaopride: Today I received the Game Over screen from @Finnuval!
GameOver.png
Hey everyone! No Studio Blue RPG Maker Critiques Stream today! But you can always check the playlist for old streams you've missed!

I ran out of paper sheets to draw, so I guess I'm forced to do digital for a while now...
x778xt8.jpg

Still haven0t found a colouring style that I like :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnarchyJas