RMMV Problems with event's layer properties and other strange occurances.

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello, I'm running into a strange problem has has strangely started to apear during my play testings, perhaps it was there before but it just so happens that this seems to be purely random so there is no definitive timeline this has occurred.

My issues list as;

1) There is something I don't understand in the console.
huh2.png
I'm not at all sure what this is referring to or what it means but I think it's best I find a fix ASAP before moving on.

The other more obvious glitch is the layering.
During playtests, Events and party members (leader included) are randomly choosing to be below or above terrain and events themselves. Re-entering maps generates random results and sometimes I even find some play tests have no errors at all. It's so random it's almost impossible to determine which plugin may be causing it.
huh.png
As you can see, only 1 party member is actually behind the railing like he is supposed to. And if I decide to leave the map the game will randomly decide what goes above or under.

Now to my recollection I hadn't had this issue until I was recently directed to do this performance upgrade for MV.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...dramatically-improve-game-performance.131620/

I followed this set up to the letter and spent quite alot of time to make absolute sure I was doing this properly.

If anyone here can help me determine what the problem is please let me know.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The sourcemap error messages are standard and shouldn't affect your game. I'm not sure about the rest of your problem, especially if it's truly random and not happening in the same place on a given map each time. You've started a new game, not trying to load a save?

Things like that (and the numerous errors that are documented in that thread you referenced) are why I don't care to update software unless something isn't working right :frown:

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The sourcemap error messages are standard and shouldn't affect your game. I'm not sure about the rest of your problem, especially if it's truly random and not happening in the same place on a given map each time. You've started a new game, not trying to load a save?

Things like that (and the numerous errors that are documented in that thread you referenced) are why I don't care to update software unless something isn't working right :frown:
Unfortunately this is the case for starting a new game, so it's really difficult to nail down what is causing this visual glitch.

I've been thinking of rolling back on the regular last updated version but it's kinda hard to make that decision just yet because of how much the performance has been enhanced overall, it loads faster. The frame lag has been reduced and it just felt so much smoother.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm having toooo much fun designing the new MP (Mental Psyche) system. I've only worked it out for enemies so far, but it's fun to stun them, then go after their MP and delete them instead to farm for better item drops.
anyone know of a place I can promote my game? sorta like game awards but for indie devs, like a place where I can drop a trailer and like stir up some hype
Doing RPG Maker News for 17th October 2021

That moment when you came up with a very good game title, but when you searched it, it has already been used... T.T
Crazy week. My anxiety decides to go nutz. Worse thing about it is that it causes me to lose focus on my work. I was able to leave early one day and take a nap. Seemed to help. How is everyone? Boosters coming soon here. Get my life back on track again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ekizdehd