Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys. I've used rpg maker mv for 1 week and I'm trying to make good sprites
The problems is:

I looked in the files and the door has 18 frames and I maked one test. So I used Asesprite and put 18 frames and exported it with 48x48 canvas and 3 columns. And I opened rpg maker and when I choose the sprite the selection was not on the only sprite , it was on some frames. And I ask your help for fixing the problem.

And I have some doubt about doing a spritesheet more than 3 rows and 4 columns. Can I do it?

Other one: I want a spritesheet when the character is stopped and the other when it is walking.

Thank you for seeing this. Byee!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Tech Support' is for when you cannot get the engine to run.

[move]RPG Maker MV[/move]

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you misunderstood a few things about sprites.

The RMs know two spritesheet formats by default - either a sheet with a single sprite of 3x4 cells (in that case the filename needs to start with a $) or a spritesheet of eight sprites (4x2 sprites with 3x4 cells each, no special sign in the filename).
Even on a spritesheet for eight sprites, the single sprite still remains at 3x4 cells.

And that atructure is there for a reason - each row stands for one of the four directions, and the three frames per row are the animation that is available for stepping and walking.

SadDoubts

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you misunderstood a few things about sprites.

The RMs know two spritesheet formats by default - either a sheet with a single sprite of 3x4 cells (in that case the filename needs to start with a $) or a spritesheet of eight sprites (4x2 sprites with 3x4 cells each, no special sign in the filename).
Even on a spritesheet for eight sprites, the single sprite still remains at 3x4 cells.

And that atructure is there for a reason - each row stands for one of the four directions, and the three frames per row are the animation that is available for stepping and walking.
Yeah but I wanna make some animations. Example: When the character is stopped I would like to put an animation and when it is moving I wanna put an walk animation.

Can I do it?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not by default - or rather you would be limited to a 3-frame-animation and a parallel process to change sprites which is both anything but smooth.
to really get what you want you'll have to use a plugin programmed to change the default behaviour of the sprites - there are already a few but I think they had other goals than what you describe. So you'll either have to program that yourself or find someone who can progrm it for you.

SadDoubts

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not by default - or rather you would be limited to a 3-frame-animation and a parallel process to change sprites which is both anything but smooth.
to really get what you want you'll have to use a plugin programmed to change the default behaviour of the sprites - there are already a few but I think they had other goals than what you describe. So you'll either have to program that yourself or find someone who can progrm it for you.

Oh, ok. Thank you for your time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Don't mind me, just installing a fog machine. :LZSwink:

I can't stop looping this BGM while at work since I began to play PSO2. It just too good for mood booster.
How to post a picture there in the status feed?
So I was at the grocery store trying to reach for some small garbage bags on the top shelf way in the back. Instead of going all the way downstairs to find someone to help me I grabbed a broom and pulled it down. Putting the broom back I said, "Thank you for your service".
S.O.S.--10:16pm......two toddlers still awake....send help...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garycomehome