Prasator

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Slovakia
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello.
I have problems with skills. I already made 10% of my game. Now, my problem is that when I assign skill to class it doesnt show up. Also there is a Sage class and its supposed to have Thunder at lvl.1. But instead of thunder when I start the game my magic skill show fire and no thunder. Can you help me please? I cant just start doing everything again.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to VXAce Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There are several possibilities. If, for example, you create a skill and assign it to be learned at e.g. level 1, but in your playtest that character is already at level 2, they will never learn it.

We need to see screen shots of your skills in the editor, and a screen shot of the Sage in the Class tab.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
additionally there are some plugins that mess with the behaviour of the skill learning function - for example the class core from yanfly. If you have that or a similar plugin installed, you have to follow its instruction exactly to prevent unwanted spillovers of skills between classes.

Corlagon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Make sure you have assigned a Skill Type (e. g. "Magic"), and made it available as a Feature (this must be done in addition to having the character learn the individual Skill).

Prasator

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Slovakia
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ok so here is screen of my RPG VX ACE. I created that bard class long ago bot just now I dont know why it started affecting all of my classes. As you can see there is Fire breath that I used as experiment on lvl 1. But now when I start game all of my classes have this skill on lvl 1. And this means that all other skills that other classes on lvl 1 should have are rewriten by this one. And fire breath is basic skill. I didnt made that one. Oh and also I am not using any scripts.

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please show a screenshot of the skill "fire breath" that is problematic.

Prasator

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Slovakia
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Every skill that I add to bard class on lvl 1 cause this problem.

Prasator

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Slovakia
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Every skill that I add to bard class on lvl 1 cause this problem.
oh and also when I remove bard class I cant add any skill on lvl 1 to any of my other classes

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
also when I remove bard class I cant add any skill on lvl 1 to any of my other classes
what happens when you do try?
we can't help you if you refuse to answer our questions, and if you don't give details.

I asked for a screenshot of the skill for a lot of reasons, and even if it happens to several skills I need to see at least one example of an skill where that happens.

as for your statement above, that can be read in several ways - including you can't add a skill in the editor, which would point out to an defective editor that needs to be reinstalled.

so please give the screenshot and describe in more than one sentence what you do and what happens when you try to give skills to other classes and how you check that they have or have not skills.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

@Prasator, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

You should show a screenshot of the skill that you are trying to add, the class you are trying to add it to, the actor that uses that class, and the actor missing the skill in-game.

My instinct is that the problem has to do with the Skill Types. An actor needs to be able to use a Skill Type in order to see a Skill that belongs in that Skill Type.

Also, make sure you Save changes after making them, if you are using Test Battle.

Prasator

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Slovakia
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Here is skill. When I remove bard class, and I add skill to any other class on lvl 1 that skill wont show up in game. But when I add Bard class back skill on bard class on lvl 1 start again to show up on other classes in game. I change my classes with basic event and loop

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I change my classes with basic event and loop
then you should have shown that event for us to check. I already asked to give more details than a single sentence in my previous post above.

There are two entirely different possibilities remaining. One is a certain logic error you might hade done with changing classes and the other would be a problem with the scripts even if you don't remember changing them.
And please answer our questions. You still haven't told us how you check that the skills are missing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I made a cool pixel render of my protagonist!
I think it looks neat.
RCXDan wrote on Leporine's profile.
Your avatar is adorable. Where is it from? :LZSproud:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
banana_saa