FrozenNuke0327

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I am currently using the "Key Simulator" (Virtual Key) script in an attempt to achieve this, the script was created by Fantasist and can be found here : https://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=2310.0

The goal with this event is to create a sprinting event that is active when the player is pressing left shift, which allows the player to sprint, but when the player releases the left shift key, it turns off a switch and slows down the player to default speed.

However,

When i attempt to sprint within the game, the player remains at default speed.

If it helps at all, I have attached a complete image of the event.

Thanks in advance,

- FrozenNuke0327

Attachments

• s_shot.PNG
    s_shot.PNG
    31.4 KB · Views: 7

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you completely misunderstood the purpose of the script, it cannot work with your event.

The script commands simulate that a key has been pressed without that key really having been pressed.
As such there is of course no return info.

Your event on the other hand needs a command that checks if the player has pressed the real key on his keyboard - that can't be checked at all with that script.

FrozenNuke0327

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Thank you!

The event is working perfectly now.

Attachments

• s_shotfinal.PNG
    s_shotfinal.PNG
    33.4 KB · Views: 8

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

3am me: So how do you feel about a character inviting their own character portrait to a tea party? =D

3pm me: //facepalms
I turned 17 two months ago and I feel like I've grown (personality-wise) more in this 1 year than all the 16 years I had lived combined.
Ugh, I may have been cumbersomely eventing a bunch of stuff I could have easily done changing the tileset "Passage (4 dir)" and "Ladder" options. Oops :D
I have no idea why some of the program "splash screen" always on top. E.g, RMMZ loading screen stuck on the top blocking anything I want to do until it fully loaded. What is even the purpose?
One of the secret places in the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
silvake1543