Problems with the wait event

Catnerd

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
First off, sorry if this is the wrong thread. I'm new to the site. Second, I need some help, whether it be an simple fix or a script. I'm making a game strongly based off gathering resources, and I want them to respawn over time using the wait command, but I've noticed an issue. Once you've gathered a resource, if you click on that space, you cannot move until it respawns, which is 5-10 minutes depending on the plant, which is just too much of a bug for me. If anyone can help I would be grateful. Also, I cannot use a script that negates the wait command effects on the player because it's used in cutscenes and gathering.

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You have the wait command on an Action Button triggered event? If so, that's the cause and it isn't a bug, it's just how it works. If you set an Action Button trigger to the event, the player will be forced to wait those minutes until the event ends.
Use the wait command on a Parallel Event, that way I believe it will work. After the item is collected, set a switch to activate that Parallel event. After the Parallel Event, turn off that switch. This might not be a good idea if you have tons of events tho.
A script may be your best option to handle this...
About scripts to make your life easier even if this isn't a script request... I know this one, I never worked with it but it seems to do what you need:
https://galvs-scripts.com/2013/02/23/respawn-timer/
Hope it helps somehow ^^

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What Guiguimu said is correct. You should create a Parallel Proccess to handle that and maybe you should make a good use of Common Events too, since what you wanna do is a harvesting system, which is complex enough to need common events involved.

Alternative, you can make a Self switch on (let's say A) and make a second Page on that very event that shows the ground empty. THAT event page must be set to Parallel Process and it must have a timer. Do not overdo it with many Parallel Processes though, or it might make your game laggy. That's why I recomment ONE event doing the job, but do as you please.

Catnerd

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You have the wait command on an Action Button triggered event? If so, that's the cause and it isn't a bug, it's just how it works. If you set an Action Button trigger to the event, the player will be forced to wait those minutes until the event ends.
Use the wait command on a Parallel Event, that way I believe it will work. After the item is collected, set a switch to activate that Parallel event. After the Parallel Event, turn off that switch. This might not be a good idea if you have tons of events tho.
A script may be your best option to handle this...
About scripts to make your life easier even if this isn't a script request... I know this one, I never worked with it but it seems to do what you need:
https://galvs-scripts.com/2013/02/23/respawn-timer/
Hope it helps somehow ^^
It is on Parallel Process. But if you click on it whole it's respawning, your forced to wait though the rest of the time. It runs by itself otherwise though. Everything else works perfectly fine, and I have all my harvesting systems set up fine. This is the only problem. I'll check out the script though tonight

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wouldn't use a parallel process event at all - too many of them will slow down your game.

Use a script. I wrote one, but just went to the thread now to grab a link, and the first page is gone. So use Glav's.

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wouldn't use a parallel process event at all - too many of them will slow down your game.
You can make complex eventing and use only one Parallel Process to control all the events, but hey! It is better to use a script whatsoever, you are right! Makes sense, since keeps things more neat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Wasting so much time trying to get a sprite behavior to work. I feel like banging my head against a wall.
Well... it’s been a real pain in the IRS today. :/
My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popogui