Quintus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I'm having a few issues with the plugin which can be found here: http://yanfly.moe/2016/04/08/yep-90-equip-battle-skills-rpg-maker-mv/

I've created a new project with no other plugins besides this to make sure it isn't conflicting, and I have the most recent versions of MV and this plugin. What I want to do is have a state that adds a skill, and an extra skill slot just in case the player already has max skills. I have a screenshot of my state settings here.

Broken State.PNG

I have a simple battle event set up where an enemy inflicts this state on Harold, but then when I check his skills I run into problems. For one the Special Skill the state gives you isn't listed, as seen here:

Correct Battle.PNG

And even weirder, I tested it several times without touching any settings and only sometimes did the state actually give me the extra slot, sometimes I just got this:

Broken Battle.PNG

If anyone knows how else I can troubleshoot this or if I'm doing something wrong, I'd appreciate some help, thanks.

Yougotsomechocolate

Random Chest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the skill, try this:
(if you have buff and states core)
<Custom Apply Effect>
//replace number with skill ID
var skill = number;
</Custom Apply Effect>
Note: Not sure how to Auto equip it or if the skill disappears after the effect ends

Last edited:

Quintus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That did give the skill, but it doesn't auto equip it. It looks like there's a way to with actor.equipSkill(id, slot) but I'm not sure how I would go about setting that up as a note tag. Also, it's still only sometimes giving me the extra skill slot.

Yougotsomechocolate

Random Chest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lunatic code is required for the auto equip
(also put the equip skill slot under the custom apply and see if that works)
<Custom Apply Effect>
//Add X amount of skill slots when the effect starts
<Equip Skill Slots: +x>
//replace number with skill ID
var skill = number;
</Custom Apply Effect>

Quintus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Still no luck.

J_spencer93

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So after testing numerous things, I only got two ways to work. Either leave the skill equippable and increase the amount by 1, or put the notetag on an item a piece of equipment.

Video below will make augments work for this trick.
http://yanfly.moe/2016/09/23/tips-tricks-equip-battle-skills-slots-augments-rpg-maker-mv/

Literally no way I try to make this a "passive" skill work however. Sorry for the rambling but hope something I said helps.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I played Deltarune chapter 2 today! It was great. No spoilers, but I hope one day I can design a world as interesting as Toby Fox and team.
Holy cow, I have made Row Formation work again with OTB!

Now, my devious machinations can finally be born...
finished the second chapter of deltarune today, I gotta say that the 3 years wait was worth it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dark_OP