hernanvalles88

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone, I'm having 2 problemes with this plugin:

-First, seems like I can't use the plugin in the project I've been working on. I have to create a new one, otherwise the upgrade items will not show when clicking on "Upgrade weapon" on the item menu.

-Second, when I try to create an item that increases a particular stat by x%, it doesn't work. I have no problem when the item increases the stat by x.

Here's some screesshots, please let me know if you spot any errors:

1.JPG

2.JPG

Cyberhawk

Bravelion Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
we Need more than just the item info itself.
Maybe it needs more specifics as in How many slots it takes up in the armor?
what about the armor?
You need equip core for this to work as well iirc.
How many slots does it take?
Is it set up right?

hernanvalles88

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
we Need more than just the item info itself.
Maybe it needs more specifics as in How many slots it takes up in the armor?
what about the armor?
You need equip core for this to work as well iirc.
How many slots does it take?
Is it set up right?
The armor has two slots, but I don't think that's the problem. If I remove the % symbol from the item notetag, it increases the MaxHP by 10 points. It's when I ad the %symbol that the item does nothing.

I've added the equip core plugin but the problem persists.

EDIT: screenshot of the armor:

Captura.JPG

Last edited:

Cyberhawk

Bravelion Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks
it's been a while since i went to the project that was using slots. So I'm going to look into what I did. (Still not sure if i did percentage increases or not when i get home.)

The biggest roadstop for me in that project was how whacky and hard Olivia's Weapon swap and the Equip core and the Item/weapon upgrade systems made menuing much more complex than it needed to be. When I get back to that project, one of those features is going away and that's probably going to be the weapon swap.

hernanvalles88

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for taking the time to look into it, I'll wait for your answer.

EDIT: as I said before, I tried to use this plugin in my current project but it didn't show the items in the upgrade menu. I started a new project, checked that the items appeared, and then proceed to manually copy all maps, resources and database changes from my old project into the new one. Now the items don't appear in the new project either. So maybe there is something in my project that is creating this bug (I'm not using any other plugins)

Here's how it looks like in the menu.

Upgrade items seem to be able to receive upgrades for some reason.
1.JPG

Upgrade items don't show when clicking on "Upgrade armor", even though they are on the inventory.
2.JPG
Notetags for the items are the same as in my previos posts.

Last edited:

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would <Upgrade Armor Type: x> help?

Cyberhawk

Bravelion Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So I looked into the project.
I didn't use % based slots.
Cause of that I had 5 tiers of upgrade items.
I think my setup p different though. Because of the Wpn swap.
Did have fun playing it a bit tho.

hernanvalles88

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I looked into the project.
I didn't use % based slots.
Cause of that I had 5 tiers of upgrade items.
I think my setup p different though. Because of the Wpn swap.
Did have fun playing it a bit tho.
I guess I'll look for another weapon customization system, but thanks!

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that armor would not work with ANY % based effect because all attributes are 0. 0 multiplied by ANYTHING is always 0. That is why the +10 MaxHP worked and the +10% didn't

Try setting all attributes to 10 and testing it then... that should give +1 at that point. (not sure how Yanfly did the rounding, if it only had 1 and had +10%... I would think it would round down, thus no effect)

hernanvalles88

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@hernanvalles88 Why not try YEP_X_AttachAugments? It's kind of like a reworked version of Yanfly's Item Upgrade Slots, but this augment plugin is newer w/ slightly different features.
I considered that one too, but it's not free and I don't want to pay if I'm not sure that I'm gonna be able to work with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that armor would not work with ANY % based effect because all attributes are 0. 0 multiplied by ANYTHING is always 0. That is why the +10 MaxHP worked and the +10% didn't

Try setting all attributes to 10 and testing it then... that should give +1 at that point. (not sure how Yanfly did the rounding, if it only had 1 and had +10%... I would think it would round down, thus no effect)
Maybe you're right, but the attribute I want to increase is MaxHP and that one is not affected by armor (though the instructions list it among the attributes you can modify with the plugin).

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, the way the plugin works, it only effects the items that the item is socketed into, same for the attach augments mentioned above. :/

If you don't want those attributes on your weapons/armors then both of these plugins are useless and you really would need to look into something else for the desired effect.

I guess the next question is: What does increase your MaxHP? Do any equips do it, or is it only from gaining levels?

hernanvalles88

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, the way the plugin works, it only effects the items that the item is socketed into, same for the attach augments mentioned above. :/

If you don't want those attributes on your weapons/armors then both of these plugins are useless and you really would need to look into something else for the desired effect.

I guess the next question is: What does increase your MaxHP? Do any equips do it, or is it only from gaining levels?
I want to be able to equipment to increase character stats by a %. You can also increase MaxHP and the rest of the attributes by gaining levels, but I'd like to have customizable weapons and armor to help boost character stats. I think it's kinda boring when the game just gives you a set of equipment with fixed parameters, so I wanted to implement an equipment upgrade system.

For example, my 'Mercenary' class character can get swords with 1 to 4 slots for upgrade items. Each item has a different effect (increase MaxHP by 10%, increase attack by 15%, add elemental damage, add debuffs...), so the player can customize every piece of equipment and create a sword with attack +20%, Agility +10%, Fire effect and poison effect.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to be able to equipment to increase character stats by a %. You can also increase MaxHP and the rest of the attributes by gaining levels, but I'd like to have customizable weapons and armor to help boost character stats. I think it's kinda boring when the game just gives you a set of equipment with fixed parameters, so I wanted to implement an equipment upgrade system.

For example, my 'Mercenary' class character can get swords with 1 to 4 slots for upgrade items. Each item has a different effect (increase MaxHP by 10%, increase attack by 15%, add elemental damage, add debuffs...), so the player can customize every piece of equipment and create a sword with attack +20%, Agility +10%, Fire effect and poison effect.
In that case, I recommend going for additive percentage bonuses instead of multiplicative percentage bonuses (which is the RPG Maker default). I've made an explanation in this thread.

hernanvalles88

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In that case, I recommend going for additive percentage bonuses instead of multiplicative percentage bonuses (which is the RPG Maker default). I've made an explanation in this thread.
Sounds very interesting, I'll keep that in mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I figured out how to put words and pictures in the screen transition. It even wipes away from both the top and bottom. The possibilities are endless! :LZSexcite: I'm going to devise secret messages now for them because I'm a terrible wonderful person like that. :kaopride:
December has arrived and with that, an ¡update for Aletoir Feast! a game made it for the One Map Challenge. I will use some of the remaining switches, variables, and events from the challenge limit to add more content but keep it within the requirements. ¡Have a nice day Everybody!
What I worked on today. :LZSjoy:

No stream today, make a game in MZ is continuing next week!
It seems MOG Weather only has a "clear" function to instantly erase a given weather effect. Probably works well if weather only changes at map transfer, etc, but looks very abrupt if weather effects are continuously changing. So my next challenge: script a "fade" function to gradually fade the sprites and wait to "clear" the current weather until the opacity of all its sprites hits zero... or something like that! XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimsonAngel