Procraftynation - Weight Limit Plugin

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by procraftynation, Feb 3, 2017.

1. procraftynation

procraftynation Master Procraftynator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Weight Limit Plugin 1.00
    by Procraftynation​

Description

Adds party weight limit feature in your game. Items and equipment will have weight properties.​

Features
    • Specify weight per item. equipment or gold!
    • Specify weight limit per Actor that will total to party weight limit - Constant or Formula
    • Items can add bonus weight limit when consumed(ex: magical feather) or when in inventory (ex: bags)
    • Equipment can add bonus weight limit when equipped.
    • Slow down party movement when overweight.
    • Disable dash when overweight

Download & Documentation

Terms of Use

Free for use in non-commercial and commercial games just give credit and link back to Procraftynation.rocks.​

Demo Video

I hope this help add more dynamics to your game :)

Roguedeus, Kvothe, M.I.A. and 4 others like this.
  2. Knightmare

Knightmare Knight of the Night Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I like the concept but is there any way to get it to where my characters can't equip anything else if they become overweight? For instance let's say that an actor has a max carry weight of 25 and let's say they equip a big sword and heavy armor and they hit 24/25 of their weight and they try to equip something else but they can't because they're at their limit. Is there a way to do that? Thanks in advance.

Zarsla and boomy like this.
  3. procraftynation

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks! Annd that's a good addition. I'll check on it and will post updates soon :)

Knightmare likes this.
  4. Soulnet

Soulnet Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is it possible to add the current weight, spare weight and total weight to a variable (maybe a script call?)so I can display it in a hud?

Also is it possible to restrict the actor(s) picking up or buying any additional items if they are full?

Lastly is it possible to show the weight of something say if you were buying it from a shop?

Ta Muchly :D

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  5. mpurnell

mpurnell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    any soon to be released updates?

6. phamtruong1992

phamtruong1992 Mage Art - Green Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Actually the idea as Knightmare suggested should be the main purpose of this plugin. I don't think adding more mechanics like this and slowing down player is good gameplay as i see it serves no purpose besides pissing people off, lol. Anyways, thanks for the cute plugin tho.

Edit: And it would be nice if we can upgrade the maximum amount of weight's limit.

7. C.W. Plainview

C.W. Plainview Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is procraftynation living up to his name and not releasing any updates for this plugin? I kid :).

Seriously, this is a great plugin, but it needs a bit more functionality. Are item and actor notetags really the only way to increase the weight limit? Why not with a plugin command so we can increase it through events? Also, can there be a way to check weight at any given time like a variable? So say if an actor is overweight, he can't jump or climb a ladder for example.

I hope procraftynation is still out there. I'd love to see some more functionality to this plugin.

8. Guardinthena

Guardinthena Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Can you fix the link to this? I would love to play around with this plugin.

9. Arkaik

Arkaik Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey @procraftynation do you have it uploaded somewhere? I'd like to use it on my project. :kaohi:

lordvalinar and Guardinthena like this.
  10. lordvalinar

lordvalinar Lord of the Damned Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I second Arkaik's statement. I had created a weight system via common events; but if this plugin is still available, would love to use it! Would help tremendously

trakpichu likes this.
  11. Kike

Kike Paladin Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    https://github.com/procraftynation/RMV

:LZSgrin: You're welcome

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    lordvalinar, Arkaik and Guardinthena like this.
  12. Arkaik

Arkaik Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    OMG! :kaomad2:
    Thank you very much @Kike :kaojoy:

Kike likes this.
  13. lordvalinar

First Language:
    English
    I was wondering if it'd be okay to make 1 small modification? (Either yourself or permission for me to do it for my game) but I wanted to do a Gold:Weight ratio based on the amount of gold instead of "per coin" if that makes sense? For example 50g = 1<weight>

EDIT: I would also put your "consumeItem" alias After the weight bonus calculation (so that way it refreshes with the new weight limit, if one was applied); otherwise the calculations won't take effect until after another item was gained or lost

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  14. Kike

Kike Paladin Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, the plugin is not mine, I just searched in Google for the Procraftynation lost links and found his github :LZSlol:

But I'm using this plugin in a way that you might like...
    upload_2019-5-23_19-27-39.png
    :LZSsmile: Yes, fractioned numbers...

upload_2019-5-23_19-26-56.png
    :LZScool:Yes, it works

About the refresh of the item count, I have this issue too. The player would need to leave and enter again in the item menu to appear the real result of the iten amount :LZSsad:

I don't know if the autor allows plugin modification,
    but

[​IMG]
    I think there's no problem if you edit the code and credit him, since he probably left the rpg maker, so, if you could... :LZSlol: put the code here and we credit him (and you) :LZSgrin::LZSgrin::LZSgrin:

lordvalinar likes this.
  15. lordvalinar

First Language:
    English
    EDIT: Item Refresh "fix" apparently didn't work for the window scene, at least not for the ItemDiscard (yanfly's plugins), so I plopped down an alias'd method at the bottom. Ensure this plugin is below Yanfly's plugins and it should work fine without having to modify yanfly's plugins yourselves.

If there are any further issues with other Yanfly plugins, or other plugins in general, lemme know and I'll be happy to post fixes ^_^

---
    Alright got it. The decimal method of your doesn't work out the same - at least not with the 50 to 1 ratio I suggested. If you had 100g the weight should come out to 2(kg, lbs, or whatever you use). Using 0.05 comes out to 5<weight>.

But not to worry, I got it implemented and it works. Got the item refresh fix too. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to re-post it here...? If mods or the original owner wish me to remove it, just say so, but here's a re-upload of the plugin with the addition and fix.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    Kike likes this.
  16. procraftynation

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey guys, sorry for the inactivity. I'm not that back for activity yet but you can submit your PRs in the github repository for any issues and modifications ;)