Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello.

I know discussing Itch.io products can be touchy here, but I'm a little bit confused with what comes with what.
As far as purchasing from Degica, I understand here and Steam is an okay place to stop by -- but I'm just rather confused in how these products compare to the sets being sold on Itch.io.

As far as licensing goes, Itch.io allows more freedom, I understand -- but I'm not quite sure how pricing is honestly because I buy most of my RM assets on Steam -- and I'm in the Philippines and products have their prices proportionally adjusted to local standards and a dollar to dollar comparison isn't really fair because everything on the Steam Store is about 40-50% reduced in price.

Anyway, I wanted to purchase the Pop!/Slasher sets recently but upon reading the descriptions on Steam, I got rather confused in what's included in them.

The Base Tile Set seems to lack the Winter Add-Ons (if anything else) that seems to be included in the Itch.io variation of the product.

Then the Vexed Member+ bundle (for MV) only includes the Pop! content than whats being described here. (This is content that also isn't on Itch.io as a what it is) I understand that the Member+ bundle is what includes the Winter Add-On as well as some other tilesets.

Now this is what is confusing to me, the Member+ tilesets includes from what I understand 3 Different Sets being sold separately on Itch.io. Which means purchasing the Member+ bundle is for the most part covering the better of 2 out of 3 content packs on Itch.io.

Now, specifically, I wanted to know/hear from someone who has purchased one or the other (or both) is whether or not the Retail Add-On being sold as a whole is part of the Vexed Member+ content. From just description it seems to include, maybe half of what's described in the Retail Add-On. My main concern is that the Retail Add-On does not describe any Cinema tilesets like the Member+ however, there are several tilesets in the Retail Add-On that are not described in the Member+.

I'm looking for Advice as what to purchase to get everything with the least amount of overlap.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's not that itch.io is a touchy subject, it's that this forum is part of Degica's business, and itch.io is a competing business. It's like how you wouldn't go to a clothing store's customer service desk asking about a the store across the street's clothing options. The stuff on Steam is still Degica, they're just doing it like other businesses, selling through Steam's interface to reach different customers than they would on their own.[mod]Because of this, please keep any further discussion to the packs found here or on Steam. If it drifts into discussion about packs found elsewhere this thread will be locked.[/mod] For information about packs found elsewhere, you're going to have to ask them.

What I can tell you is that there is a lot of content in the Vexed Members+ that is completely exclusive to that pack if you weren't around for M+ and there are a few things that are exclusive even if you were here for that.

miani

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Vexed Member+ bundle (for MV) comes with:
Hospital Tiles
Sewer & Factory Tiles
Conveniente Store
Weapon Shop
Winter Tiles (outside and office)
Cinema Tiles
Bunch of random characters (a goblin, a ninja girl, some "bikers", gunsmith, rats, custom poses for some of them).

If you buy the retail tiles add-on on itch.io the only thing you're missing are:
These random characters and 2 character animations for the weapon shop (gunsmithing and door opening/closing).
Hospital Tiles / Sewer & Factory Tiles (both sold separately on itch.io)
But in retail tiles add-on you also have a lot of outside/urban tiles, like shop facades, neon signs, etc.

It's worth noting that you find Hospital Tiles / Factory Tiles / Convenience Store here in the forum as freebies.

HintonR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I purchased all of Vexed's products on Steam and I look forward to adding the Retail Tiles Add-On to my collection soon. I wonder why she hasn't posted a version of it on Steam or Here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made Custom ENEMY Information Screen
I'm having such a hard time thinking of an interesting battle system. and not being a coder, certain things I wanna do seem a lot harder lol.
Created a character outline with some code. I have no use for this. I'm....bored.....
Having lots of fun using different PS brushes to add a lil' texture to the floors and walls in my maps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmbor