Profanity filter seems to "censor" code segments

Another Fen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Just a small issue, but some expressions seem to get profanity filtered even when used in the context of a code block.

For example
b.result().isHit()
would turn into
Code:
b.result().isHit()

I'm not sure how many words are filtered this way (keywords like "class" seem to be fine) but since many scripts are still posted as plain text here I'm worried this might break one or two of them.

Would there be a way to either exclude code-tags from the profanity filter or make it so copying a censored text will copy the original instead?

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would probably have to be set in a site plugin or whatever is required for the software that powers the forums, and if the software is a commercial product it could even be encrypted making this next to impossible. (Yes, it's actually possible to encrypt website code... even php code can be encrypted!) Alternatively the system would have to be set to "whole word only" which is a rather common provision in find/replace to begin with.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah damn, we recently updated the profanity filter. There might be some little issues like those.

@Enbara

Enbara

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Ah **** :(
Yeah, we're still iterating on the best balance of naughty words vs false positives. I'll relax this one.

edit: done

Would there be a way to either exclude code-tags from the profanity filter or make it so copying a censored text will copy the original instead?
The first solution sounds like a plausible addon, but a little searching didn't turn anything up.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So... I work for 8 hours a day, but apparently I'm "too noisy" for people staying home all day and I need to be quiet or they will escalate things. o_O People be dumb.
Had no time to work more on my Redwood tiles yesterday and no time yet still today--But! Somehow found time to make sit health potion props.
Today I learned that George Washington was not the first president of my country, and that there were technically over a dozen presidents before him. My own ignorance astounds me, I mean it always does but the sheer scope of this revelation astounds me. I guess George Santayana really was quite astute when he said:
Currently enjoying FF7 Remake :biggrin:
Day 753: I think im just about ready to finish the planning stage of my game creation and actually start to make it :0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KyuKino