Profile error occurred (Your profile can not be used...)

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
When I testrun a game on MV I get the following error:

RMMV_Error.jpg

This was posted already and the answer was that there is already a newer version of NW.js on this machine. Unfortunately, I can't make anything out of this answer. Is this now good, is this bad, is it still possible to create games with MV on this machine or not? Do games work that are created with MV on this machine or not?

How can I get back the older NW.js and if a game is created with the older NW.js will it run on a computer that already has a newer NW.js installed?

Or is it possible to install a newer NW.js for MV?

I've read through the whole MV - no longer supported thing, and I don't want to start that thing over in any way, but if someone knows something and can help me out - a few fans of one of my old games (for which I wanted to make a bug fix and a little content update) would be very happy ;-).

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You must clear (delete) all temp files of nwjs app:
Code:
C:\Users\userName\AppData\Local\nwjs
C:\Users\userName\AppData\Local\KADOKAWA
C:\Users\userName\AppData\Local\nameOfYourGame

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I deleted the "nwjs" and the "KADOKAWA" folder but I don't have a folder with the name of my game in AppData\Local (I don't have the published version of my game on my machine, only the development files). Only deleting the two mentioned folders didn't help.

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm a bit confused at the issue here.

Let's start at the beginning, try making a new project and do a test run. If that works, then that means you need to update your project JS files.

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm a bit confused at the issue here.

Let's start at the beginning, try making a new project and do a test run. If that works, then that means you need to update your project JS files.
Unfortunately, it's not that. I create a completely new project with a completely new installed RPG-Maker MV in it's latest version 1.62 and I get this result.

It's also a known issue. It's been asked here already without any real answer and if I remember right, a similar issue also occurred on some games already published on steam in the past. As I said, if someone can help here it would be cool, if not I will not waste any further thought.

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I did right now and it temporarily fixed the problem. Thanks for the hint while I slowly understand the problem (I had a similar problem before with one of the newer games of Matseb2611) it's really a stupid issue, one I wish Degica would care for since they still keep selling RPG-Maker MV versions and this continues to be a problem whenever you launch a game made with a newer RPG-Maker version.

But anyways, this fixed helped me good enough to do what I wanted to do. I added all the updates and fixes to my game I came to do and I've also added the links to the workaround to my project notes so in the future if I ever will do another update, I will hopefully remember this. So from my side this issue is solved and the thread can be closed.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Somehow that granny topic got me... maybe I can come up with some more thematic stuff :3
Going live for tonight's stream! Kytt isn't feeling 100% tonight so the wifestream will be tomorrow and I'll be playing Final Fantasy XIV for this one instead. Twitch
i got bronchitis ; n ;
I've been trying very hard to distance myself from my inspirations, but maybe It would be better just to accept it.
3uL5XnP.gif
For my 100th post, I wanted to thank this forums community for the generosity and respect that each of you show.

I'm always impressed when I see the 6x veterans (in number of years compared to my presence here on these forums) continue to help and support all the community members on a daily basis, the awesome artists who share their creations with so much passion...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butt334