Program-Breaking Issue - DPI?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker XP' started by Aurelle, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Aurelle

Aurelle Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I have scoured forums all over the internet and still can't seem to find an answer to this program-breaking issue that has been stopping me from using XP for days.

My computer resolution (default) is 3200x1800. My DPI scaling (default) is at 250%. After downloading XP with no issues, it would not open at all, giving me the "Cannot run with less than 1024x768 resolution". After trying every resolution option, I found out I could go into compatibility settings and override the high DPI scaling (through the program Properties). With this box checked, XP could be opened, however, I could not save anything in the database or script editor - because the literal program windows were too big and were cut-off. By pressing Alt-Spacebar I could move the windows around with my keyboard arrows, but when I pressed Enter to freeze it in place, the window would revert to its original, cut-off placement. Without being able to access the "Ok" and "Save" buttons at the bottom of the windows, I have been unable to make any major changes to my game.

I figure the issue must be some combination of the override plus by own scaling and resolution issues, but no matter what combination I use the moment I un-check the override, XP stops opening. Please help :( I'm sad and frustrated... (I run Windows 10, I have the newest version of XP as bought thru Steam).

2. JessiG

JessiG Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I just downloaded the trial version, and I am getting the same error when I try to start the program. Did you find a solution?
    Thanks!