Program to automate generator part installation.

KaitlynKitty

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When installing new generator parts, one has to manually rename files to the number slot that is going to be used. I was wondering if there was a program to automatic this process, by having the user select a slot and then select the image files for each aspect of that generator piece.

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just use this. Easy to install generator parts into it and just generally better at everything than the base generator of MV or MZ.

KaitlynKitty

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just use this. Easy to install generator parts into it and just generally better at everything than the base generator of MV or MZ.
I've tried that and it just doesn't work properly. Several parts are always missing or mixed up after importation. Right now, after deleting and reimporting everything, the female body is just completely missing.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've tried that and it just doesn't work properly. Several parts are always missing or mixed up after importation. Right now, after deleting and reimporting everything, the female body is just completely missing.

I actually did find a fantastic (albeit somewhat expensive) app that handles renaming in brilliant, programmable ways! It is called Smart File Renamer, and it was on the Microsoft Store. For a project like this, it was worth the $20! Using the filters, it made renaming a hundred or so different images within dozens of categories a breeze! I got past that hurdle, and then...

I, however, can't figure out why my SV Front Hair sprites will not change to match the colors of the FG Color Masking with the rest of the sprites?
I definitely agree that the Extended Generator is superior, now that I'm fumbling my way through it, but it would be great to get a discussion going that helps us newbies figure out some of the "huh's? & why's?" of the Extended Gen.

I have attached what I'm working with, and what it looks like in the generator, currently.

Thanks a ton, in advance!
Wheels

I should also note that I have tried changing the mask color in the program between this golden yellow and the standard default yellow, as well as in the SV..._c files, to no success.

Attachments

• SV_FrontHair_p05.png
    SV_FrontHair_p05.png
    50 KB · Views: 2
  • SV_FrontHair_p05_c.png
    SV_FrontHair_p05_c.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 1
  • FG_FrontHair_p05_c1_m003.png
    FG_FrontHair_p05_c1_m003.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Icon_FrontHair_p05.png
    Icon_FrontHair_p05.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 1
  • TVD_FrontHair_p05.png
    TVD_FrontHair_p05.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 1
  • TV_FrontHair1_p05.png
    TV_FrontHair1_p05.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    572.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pretty much stopped posting in the progress thread cuz it feels like talking to the void, lol, so I've just been posting on IG instead. But someone finally liked my post there, lol. Dunno if I'll continue tho. Probably not xD

My game's progressing quite well. Just kinda stuck on mapping right now. Decided to go the side, slightly top down view route. I'm drawing everything from scratch for a personal touch uwu
Stomach isn't feeling too good last time. Perhaps something I ate
Phew! logged back. Seems I was too occupied with 3D learning (yeah for RPGM purposes) creating IRL space, trying to grow catnip, dealing with health and DC is good. (so MrC) ^^
Tyler.stewart wrote on Cherry's profile.
I was wondering if you've heard anything about the patch that allows you to show text anywhere on the screen utilizing pictures being upgraded to work with the official 2k3 release? Your work with 2k3 is awesome dude, keep it alive. I'm 33 and am still playing with 2k3 largely thanks to your work with the game engine. I appreciate the official patch updates you post. Please continue posting
Currently trying to add items in the same style as Kyrise's excellent icons. I like having a large variety of items :3 KyriseandMe.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arcanica