Progression?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by BunnyNubNub, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BunnyNubNub

BunnyNubNub Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm trying to create an event that when the player interacts with 2-3 items within the room, a dialouge triggers telling the player to e.x get ready for the day.

I'm using variables and such to tally up each interaction, and it works. kind of. the only issue is, when every interaction is added up, instead of the dialouge showing up immediately after you interact with the amount of items required, the previous dialouge of interacting with the item shows up BEFORE the one I want to play.

What do I need to do to trigger something like this? It's the only real way my story can advance. ; _ ; 

2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can you show screenshots of all pages of your event that is supposed to control this dialog? That way we can see if maybe it's something simple - for ex, I'm guessing perhaps you need to use a switch or self-switch to put the "new" dialog on another page, but without seeing what you've done, I can't say for certain.

3. BunnyNubNub

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Here's the event pages; the pages are exactly how all the other events in the room look like. The second page dialouge is what I'd like to have say once the tally of the interactions is met.

fkjfgkj.PNG

jj.PNG

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You misunderstood how the conditions and the page priority works.

at any time, the active page will be the highest page that has all conditions fulfilled.

Since your second page has two conditions, both of them have to be fulfilled before that page becomes active - the switch A needs to be On AND the variable needs to be three or higher.

But that also means that the first page will remain active until the count is up to three, the control self-switch alone is not enough to disable the first page because the second page does not activate on the self-switch alone.

If you want to prevent the player from accessing the first page after one use, you'll need three pages, with the self-switch A condition on the second page and the variable on the third page.

However, different pages means you always need another action button. If you want the interaction and the result with one button, you cannot split them on different pages but need to use conditional branches on one page.

5. DarthVollis

DarthVollis Moogle Master Veteran

First Language:
    English
    First off, how many variables are we dealing with? If it is not that many I may have a solution since I have had this issue already. Just let me know and I think we can solve this with an easy solution.

6. mlogan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you want to be able to use the same blanket up to 3 times, just remove all the Self-Switch stuff. Then, each time you click on it, it will show the first page dialog, until you've done so 3 times. After that, it will go to the second page dialog.

7. BunnyNubNub

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Ah, okay! I got it figured out. Thank you for your help, everyone : >

8. mlogan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.