Progressive States

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

Do you have states that automatically change into other states after a certain amount of turns or actions have elapsed?

For example, you have a Doom state that counts down every turn, and when the countdown reaches 0, the battler will automatically die.

Or perhaps you have a Poison state that will worsen if it's not treated, and after walking around for 50 steps, the poison state automatically turns into a deadlier poison state.

Or perhaps you have a Frozen state that prevents the battler from moving, but if it gets hit by any damage, it will immediately die.

This plugin allows you to set up your states so that when the state is removed automatically, new states will be added.

More information and downloads are available at HimeWorks
Other state-related plugins you may be interested in:

Last edited by a moderator:

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You're awesome... No really. BD

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes! now my energy drink states work like I had originally planned. Super rush for a few turns, then a massive crash lol.

firelad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When using this for the Doom state specifically, after the countdown is up it does not kill the target. Will I need Custom Death States plugin so it will work?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
When using this for the Doom state specifically, after the countdown is up it does not kill the target. Will I need Custom Death States plugin so it will work?
It should work on its own.

Are you adding the knock-out state after the doom state expires?

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

i was actually about to post... it's not working for me either...  i have your overriding state plugin, which seems to work.

State note tag for doom:

<progressive state: 1>

<override state: 15>

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
i was actually about to post... it's not working for me either...  i have your overriding state plugin, which seems to work.

State note tag for doom:

<progressive state: 1>

<override state: 15>
Can you disable all other plugins except overriding states and progressive states and see if it works?

I note-tagged doom state with the following:

<progressive state: 1><override state: 15>On turn 0, I add state 15.On Turn 1, I add the doom state, which overrides state 15.

After 3 turns, the doom state wears off, and the knockout state is added.

firelad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I did. Instead, I tried disabling all plugins except Progressive States. It did work. I will try enabling one by one and if the issue is found, I'll let you know.

EDIT: It seems obvious, but it does not to me... It conflicts with Yanfly's Battle Engine plugin whenever the default battle system is set to 'atb'. If I reverts the default battle system back to 'dtb', it works. I don't think Progressive States is an issue, it's user issue because any other battle system plugins aren't installed that are configured with Yanfly's Battle Engine, the plugin will think there's a plugin so it disables all turning functions.

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Can you disable all other plugins except overriding states and progressive states and see if it works?

I note-tagged doom state with the following:

<progressive state: 1><override state: 15>On turn 0, I add state 15.On Turn 1, I add the doom state, which overrides state 15.

After 3 turns, the doom state wears off, and the knockout state is added.
I did. Instead, I tried disabling all plugins except Progressive States. It did work. I will try enabling one by one and if the issue is found, I'll let you know.

EDIT: It seems obvious, but it does not to me... It conflicts with Yanfly's Battle Engine plugin whenever the default battle system is set to 'atb'. If I reverts the default battle system back to 'dtb', it works. I don't think Progressive States is an issue, it's user issue because any other battle system plugins aren't installed that are configured with Yanfly's Battle Engine, the plugin will think there's a plugin so it disables all turning functions.
Just confirmed as firelad has said, this plugin is not compatible with yanfly's battle engine enabling "ATB" . It will work fine if it is default dtb style however. Anyway to make this compatible with yanfly's ATB?

firelad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just confirmed as firelad has said, this plugin is not compatible with yanfly's battle engine enabling "ATB" . It will work fine if it is default dtb style however. Anyway to make this compatible with yanfly's ATB?
It is compatible, I just tested with ATB installed and enabling "ATB". I meant when ATB isn't installed and enabling "ATB" does not work because of the turns function.

Only that it does not kill the target.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
First, update my plugin to Nov 20 version.

There is a patch available for yanfly's ATB in the download section.

Install patch under both plugins.

firelad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

EDIT: Never mind.

Rexxon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A great script, thank you so much for your hard work. :)

I'm so close to having all of the effects I need to make my states totally rock. Just need the Dragon Quest 'Dancing' effect, and a good Final Fantasy 'Reraise' effect.

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

where exactly do i download the Nov 20 version..? I click on the download link for the plugin and it is still Nov 19th(Today's date).

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nevermind... The issue was a typo.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
where exactly do i download the Nov 20 version..? I click on the download link for the plugin and it is still Nov 19th(Today's date).
Your browser may cache javascript.

Try pressing F5 when you click on the download, or refreshing the page itself.

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
If this works with yanfly's ctb plugin I'll be using it for doom for sure, and maybe an infection state.

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The issue regarding Yanfly's Battle Core has sprung up again. (Using the latest versions)

I have verified that regardless this plugins version, its location (above or below), or the patch (below the ATB plugin), if you have Battle Core ON (regardless of battle engine, atb, etc...) this plugin stops working.

Disabling Battle Core, fixes it.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yanfly's battle core changes the way states are handled. I'm not sure how it works. Hopefully someone that understand yanfly's plugins has an idea how to fix it.

It seems like the previous patch no longer works either.

Solis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yanfly's battle core changes the way states are handled. I'm not sure how it works. Hopefully someone that understand yanfly's plugins has an idea how to fix it.

It seems like the previous patch no longer works either.
Not sure if you're still talking about doom, but I use all of Yanfly's plugins and it works for me 0.o?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

JDgoldvox wrote on Mr. Detective's profile.
hey, could u help me with a problem? basically, How do I delete a character from a map after a cut scene is over? I am really new with RPG maker MV. Please help!
The most rewarding part of making custom body character parts is absolutely not making the masks work. Somebody please put me out of my misery.
Any commercial devs here ever mess with Gamejolt? Been contemplating making my games available there but don't know if it's worth the effort or not.
Social distancing taught me of how much of not a loner I am. Dammit, I miss seeing my friends...
Happy 4th of July all. Anybody have plans? Mine here is staying home away from the virus. Still a nice 3 day weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
superfluffy