"Project data has been modified externally" Message keeps appearing.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I have been trying to change the size of the command window on the title screen for a while now and everytime I change option in that part of the CoreEngine Visustella plugin I get this message:

1600801366273.png

Except no such change has taken place. It was all done inside the engine so why do I keep getting this message?

It makes NO sense!

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Make sure your project is not being automatically synchronised/backed up by something while you're working on it (e.g. OneDrive, Dropbox, etc).

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
Make sure your project is not being automatically synchronised/backed up by something while you're working on it (e.g. OneDrive, Dropbox, etc).
No such thing is happening. It only ever happens when I change a parameter in a plugin.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
are you sure that nothing autosyncs? Because Microsoft tries to get everyone to use onedrive and you might not have realised that you activated it.

If it isn't autosync and if it only happens with the options of one specific plugin, no other plugin, then I would ask the plugin writer.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
are you sure that nothing autosyncs? Because Microsoft tries to get everyone to use onedrive and you might not have realised that you activated it.

If it isn't autosync and if it only happens with the options of one specific plugin, no other plugin, then I would ask the plugin writer.
I am well aware of Onedrive. I am 100% certain it is off. If anything I prefer to use Mega.nz and I don't even have that set to auto backup/sync.

It's not just one plugin. It has happened with others. I only just mentioned the most recent occurrences.

To be honest this is just a minor annoyance and I am really just more curious than anything.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Maybe you have an anti-virus or anti-malware application interfering with file write operations in some way? You could try marking your project folder as an exception in your AV settings, see if that helps. :)

I mention it because plugin settings are saved to the project's js/plugins.js file...your AV's heuristics (a.k.a. "educated guesswork") might be seeing that as a suspicious action (editing a script file).

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
Maybe you have an anti-virus or anti-malware application interfering with file write operations in some way? You could try marking your project folder as an exception in your AV settings, see if that helps. :)

I mention it because plugin settings are saved to the project's js/plugins.js file...your AV's heuristics (a.k.a. "educated guesswork") might be seeing that as a suspicious action (editing a script file).
I found the issue, it was Windows Defender. I turned it off. The message has not popped up again.

I forgot I had that since I just use Malwarebytes.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Good to know! Happy RPG Making~ :kaojoy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We are truly intellectuals.
Without using violence without weapons
Our group has as many as 1.3 million people and more than 1 hundred thousand talks.
We gathered in an hour, more than 4.5 Half a hundred thousand

I got a Sword.
I got an Axe.
I got two Swords.
Nothing to see here, just walking with my dog.
I haven’t worked on my game in a while. Tomorrow might be the day.
*squeals* :kaoblush:

I've been experimenting with improved memory management again, which allowed me to include items to increase player path length. These are both 44 grid spaces long, and stable. :LZSexcite:
I FINALLY DID IT! 5 years making my very first game and I just officially released it on STEAM..... OMG..... I can say I finished a game! The feelings!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akasheee