Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Project Elemental MV

Synopsis

This is an older project of mine, Project Elemental, remade in RPG Maker MV instead of the older VX Ace. Like the previous project, the game does have a story but it is not too story-centric, rather it is built with a gameplay focus in mind. The game is also simple gameplay-wise (traditional turn-based RPG) but this game is meant for casuals who want to have fun (I hope).

I am looking for constructive criticism and suggestions to make the gameplay even more fun. I will not stray too far from the default turn-based system however.

Features:

-Traditional turn-based RPG Battle System with a few tweaks

-Sci-Fi/Fantasy Hybrid Theme

-Story involves some political/social themes

-Setting: A world with somewhat futuristic technology as well as magic

-10 party members

Story so far

You play as a young woman living in the Republic of Elementia and working for its government. You inform the president about "mana abnormalities" in the forest near a power plant. These abnormalities are associated with excess mana emanating from the power plants, and in this world they mainly run on mana. The easy way out would be to shut down the plants, right? Not when millions of people depend on them for energy though. You are sent to the forest to find a way to stop these abnormalities without shutting down the plants.

In your adventure through the forest, you meet another young woman who looks a lot like you. After battling a monster in pursuit of her, she reveals that she is being chased by someone else for scientific experiments. You meet the pursuer and she reveals that the girl you found in the forest is your long lost twin, and that you are both orphans. After fighting her, the pursuer flees but you are left with the question, just who are your biological parents?

This is only the beginning of your and nine others' stories....

Screenshots

Credits/Special Thanks:

Yanfly (Yanfly Engine Plugins)

Jack Saintsworth (Black Hair parts for Generator)

GrandmaDeb (Wolf Portrait)

Sinweaver (Wolf Sideview Battler)

whtdragon (Wolf Sprite)

Cronus aka Victor Moura (Dragon Portrait)

rosage.shakunage.net (Green Dragon Sprite)

Momope (Big Dragon Sprite)

Thalzon (some battlers)

Aekashics (some battlers)

Marimo (some battlers)

svarn (Title Screen Art)

hadecynn (Some animations)

Subzero Dragon (SV Dragon Battler, based off whtdragon's work)

Rating: PG-13 (For some swearing, suggestive themes, alcohol and drug use)

Game Download Link:

Estimated playtime:20 minutes - 1 hour. I know, not much so far, but it'll be longer soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

aliensalmon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I made some updates since my last post:

-Added new feautres such as a cooking system and slippery tiles

-Added more places to the game world

Screenshots:

aliensalmon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Why does everything I create suck so hard? There must be a problem I'm not seeing....

RhysO101

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This looks okay to me from the screen shots, keep it up.

Olivier

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looks nice so far //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif That giant rat scares the crap outta me lol

gamer_girl09

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like the idea of this so don't give up and if you ever need help i am more then willing to help(as long as i don't have to draw or script i can't draw and i have only just started learning how to make scripts)

leon93

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Looks interesting but you should add a video gameplay to get more interest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Jamaica? No, Aunty. I said, I'm on RPG Maker :*/
Lunar New Year is over :( but it's time to get back to work!
I keep giving myself deadlines because I'm so excited to finish something but I notice areas where I'm rushing the story and that's what's gonna weaken my overall project, gotta stop that
My new level features a Jellyfish character who cannot love, because he electrocutes everything he touches.
I prefer single roommates. After a hard day, all you want is sleep. I went to bed at 12. I was awakened at 2 because of my roommate laughing and whispering and stuff with her boyfriend on the phone. I didn't want to yell at her so I had to bear that cringy lovey dovey convo for half an hour, before I got so bored that I fell asleep again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojojovil