Rpg Guy

Complex Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've recently been thinking about uploading my game and putting it in the "Early Project Feedback Forums" however I've run into a bit of an issue. I only use the default MV assets, and the pre-order DLC, but I remember reading that the DLC requires some form of encryption. This didn't seem like it would be a problem until I saw that the program the MV manual recommends, "Enigma Virtual Box" causes massive slowdowns when I use it on my game. When play testing, or even when deployed; before encryption, the game runs perfectly, it's only after using "Enigma Virtual Box" that I have an issue with slowdowns so bad that it makes the game unplayable. I get a very low frame rate and events run so slowly that sometime they skip things trying to catch up.

Does anyone else have an issue like this, and does anyone know of a way to fix it, or another free program to encrypt my game with that doesn't cause slowdowns?

Thanks for any help.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You mixed up some info, simply because there is not a single answer.

Most Ace DLC from the shop requires encryption, the MV stock resources do not, and in case of MV Shop resources it depends on the EULA - which can be different depending on the product. So you need to read through the EULA's of the resources you've used to find out if you need encryption or not.

That said, if an encryption causes a massive slowdown, then either you made a mistake while encrypting, or the game project itself already is on the limit for lag.

To understand that you'll have to know that lag is additive - which is why we always advice against parallel processes if you could do something without, and suggest waits if you really need a parallel process.

Most today's computers can handle two or three badly designed parallel processes without causing lag, but if you keep adding additional tasks then at some time the lag will be there. And if Enigma pushes you over that limit, you already have to have some lag from other source. You'll be better off finding out what in your project adds to that lag and remove it whereever possible.

Rpg Guy

Complex Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You mixed up some info, simply because there is not a single answer.

Most Ace DLC from the shop requires encryption, the MV stock resources do not, and in case of MV Shop resources it depends on the EULA - which can be different depending on the product. So you need to read through the EULA's of the resources you've used to find out if you need encryption or not.

That said, if an encryption causes a massive slowdown, then either you made a mistake while encrypting, or the game project itself already is on the limit for lag.

To understand that you'll have to know that lag is additive - which is why we always advice against parallel processes if you could do something without, and suggest waits if you really need a parallel process.

Most today's computers can handle two or three badly designed parallel processes without causing lag, but if you keep adding additional tasks then at some time the lag will be there. And if Enigma pushes you over that limit, you already have to have some lag from other source. You'll be better off finding out what in your project adds to that lag and remove it whereever possible.

The only DLC I have is the one you got for pre-ordering RPG Maker MV; Cover art characters, I think it was called.

I think(I'm not looking at my project so I'm not sure of an exact number) that I only have one or two parallel process running, but I may not even have that. Part of me thinks I got rid of those. But the game runs perfectly fine before encryption, I've fully tested it. It's only after the encryption process that everything runs very slow. I don't believe I made any mistakes while encrypting the game because I followed the instruction in the manual.

I just checked, I have no parallel processes running. Is it possible that it's just my computer that has trouble running it after encryption?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After gathering, sorting out & reconsidering hundreds of enemy battlers over the last two das, finally my favorite part begins: Inventing names and lore for them all :D
I'm running a sale for Learn RPG Maker MV on Itch.io, can I compete with NSFW games earning goals?
Another Friday and another Zoom call that could have been an email. Working from home is awesome.
Finished with the semester; finally have some time to play around with MV :kaopride:
Started work on the fishing Mini-Game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asher491351