Project Folder keeps auto updating.

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by The_Sixth, Jul 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Sixth

The_Sixth Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello, i'm curious as to why my project folder keeps updating to a previous state. 

In Steam>steamapps>common>VXace>Projects. My game's folder is Pre-zipped along with a Config file with the same name.

I'm trying to create a Fonts folder inside of the My game's folder. Every time i run VXace it reverts the file to a previous state without the newly added fonts folder.

i also notice if i remove the game's folder and run VXace , it loads up the project regardless and creates an identical game folder to what was previously there.

So since it's outputting a new folder every time i run ace, am i even at the right directory for my game's project folder? (sort-of confused as to why it was already zipped)

i'm new to working with ace so any info at all will help out greatly, thank you!

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That is the default path for workshop content, and it automatically updates by cloud unless you remove a project from the cloud.

Do you have several projects with the same project name? Cloud updates work by project name, NOT by folder structure - if several projects in that path have the same name, Steam will cross-update them even if they are in different folders.

Remove that project from cloud and make sure that the project names are different for all your projects, or it will keep cross-updating them.

Better save your projects in "My Documents" anyway in my opinion...

3. The_Sixth

The_Sixth Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Heya Andar, thanks for the info, with what you said i figured out that it did indeed save to Documents, and it turns out i was messing around with cloud data, i'm migrating over from 2k3 where as in that the project's folder is in the steamapps area , in my config for it at least. hah!

My problem has been resolved , thanks once again!

This topic may now be closed.

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.