Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I understand. Thank you for your honest attempt at trying to fossil this plugin :D.
I did try to skip animations by having the plugin play animation 0 but it would still
crash, at least we tried :D/
To be clear, if you use the animations file from a MZ project it won't crash. The crash is caused by trying to reference a MV animations file in MZ
All of these were done with a brand new MZ project, core script 1.2.1. Regrettably none of them worked. I'd be happy to test a lot of the other QPlugins once the QPlus problem is resolved.

Yeah I'm not touching ultramode7 with a 10 foot pole :p. I have heard there are a lot of under-the-hood changes with pixi and trying to do a roundabout interface layer seems like a real nightmare. Same goes for MV3D and other big rendering engine changes (as well as any plugin that tweaks the MV animation system).

I'll poke at QPlus and see if I can get something together to make it behave.

Anyway, have pushed another update to github.

YEP_BuffStatesCore and YEP_AutoPassiveStates are now functional in MZ.

I think I have StatusMenuCore fossilized to an acceptable level now. The most noticeable difference is that I didn't bother making the parameter graph as pretty as it is in MV

MV:
u0uziDq.png

MZ:
1618784764148.png

but TBH I never really used found that graph useful anyway, and since all the information is being displayed in a comprehensible fashion, I think that's Someone Else's Problem.

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Entirely fair. I mostly just added Ultra Mode 7 on there as a joke since I already made the MV3D joke last time. To be honest I'm a bit hard pressed to find a plugin that doesn't already have a replacement plugin for MZ. Most of what isn't, is the extreme plugins that do drastic changes.

On the plus side, the QPlugins don't have a complete port yet. I suspect a lot of people would love to see those working correctly on MZ.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyway, qplus is freely redistributable and editable, so if you wanna make a port that's totally fine. It's also wrapped, which limits interoperability; once again, porting seems to be the best option (and honestly, it seems like this plugin has features that aren't documented in the intro, so I can't really test whether or not they're working).

If you want to just get it to not crash, comment out these sections
Code:
  //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  // Graphics

// Scene_Boot

// Scene_Map

You'll lose the quick test option and the tweaked error information, but whatever. Technically the quick test 'works', but it forgets to load the graphics so the game is running with the screen totally blank.

Anyway, Shaz_TileChanger works.

Last edited:

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh yeah, a couple of months back I did something similar to that. Did some quick edits for 8 of the plugins and tossed them up on my GitHub. They currently break with MZ's menu system, which isn't really a problem for me since I don't use it. However I was just hoping this would solve the problem for other people looking to use them.

Anyway, I'll likely end up testing some other plugins later, and see how it goes. Now that I know you're looking to avoid wrapped code that should help limit which plugins are worth looking at.

AeroPergold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is fantastic! I tried this out with the Gameus Quest System and it works! Text is a bit small, BUT IT WORKS! Haha! Now I have an easier to use Quest system in MZ! Thank you man!

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is fantastic! I tried this out with the Gameus Quest System and it works! Text is a bit small, BUT IT WORKS! Haha! Now I have an easier to use Quest system in MZ! Thank you man!
Thanks! I'll add it to the list :)

HiddenAlchemist

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The premise of this sounds really interesting and I commend your team on their incredible work.

But I am also concerned about something. I know that with the Yanfly Engine, Yanfly had explicitly expressed in his retirement message that he does not permit the porting of his scripts outside of the VisuStella team. To do so would be breaking his terms.

Although while yes this is not actual porting by technicality, it still makes me wonder if this would still fall under disallowed usage and break Yanfly's terms. Especially when the VisuStella team themselves have been porting his scripts, which have to be bought.

I don't have MZ. And if I did, I would buy VisuStella's ports. I'm just a little concerned and wondering if any of the above has been discussed.

AeroPergold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks! I'll add it to the list :)
Okay so a few things: It only works if added to the bottom of the list and if at the bottom of the list and the sample quest is complete the game and then the ESC button is pressed this appears:
bandicam 2021-04-19 15-36-10-828.jpg
bandicam 2021-04-19 15-36-58-012.jpg
If placed at the top of the plugin list it works as intended except for the UI:
bandicam 2021-04-19 15-36-58-012.jpg

So yeah it works but not at 100%

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The premise of this sounds really interesting and I commend your team on their incredible work.

But I am also concerned about something. I know that with the Yanfly Engine, Yanfly had explicitly expressed in his retirement message that he does not permit the porting of his scripts outside of the VisuStella team. To do so would be breaking his terms.

Although while yes this is not actual porting by technicality, it still makes me wonder if this would still fall under disallowed usage and break Yanfly's terms. Especially when the VisuStella team themselves have been porting his scripts, which have to be bought.

I don't have MZ. And if I did, I would buy VisuStella's ports. I'm just a little concerned and wondering if any of the above has been discussed.

The specific issue yanfly had was with people redistributing his scripts - if you make a port of YEP_doodads or whatever for yourself that's not an issue. The problem arises when someone takes YEP_doodads, makes their own YEP_doodads_MZ, then starts giving it to other people.

AeroPergold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The specific issue yanfly had was with people redistributing his scripts - if you make a port of YEP_doodads or whatever for yourself that's not an issue. The problem arises when someone takes YEP_doodads, makes their own YEP_doodads_MZ, then starts giving it to other people.
Not to be a bugbear and to come at the risk of being mildly annoying, I have provided some feedback as played around with the plugin with Gameus Quest System. It works but has some odd quirks dependent if you put it at the top of a list of plugins or at the bottoms, as well as the text appearing small and not using the fonts set in the database.

HiddenAlchemist

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, yes that makes much more sense. Thanks for the clarification. :thumbsup-left:

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

trakpichu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! This is a personal suggestion very likely, but do you think you can get this working with JM's Earthbound Backgrounds?

*EDIT*
Can also confirm, aside from Circle and Clock, SRDude's Timed Attack System works.

Last edited:

thenerdmansion

Graphic Design/Complex Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Does anyone have the Moghunter Chrono engine on their computer? Now that moghunters website, youtube and twitter have been deleted the only way to get it is from someone that already has it :(. I hope all is well with moghunter as well.

jad4321

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does anyone have the Moghunter Chrono engine on their computer? Now that moghunters website, youtube and twitter have been deleted the only way to get it is from someone that already has it :(. I hope all is well with moghunter as well.
Hey I got you, hopefully, this is it, had it sitting around my back ups. Hope all is going good as well, woke up and everything was gone. <snip>

Also I'll be checking this script out as soon as I get some time. It's great more is being done to port over MV scripts to MZ.

Last edited by a moderator:

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
YEP_BattleEngineCore now works, except for the 'Select Help Window' parameter.

That's the one that brings up a window saying 'all enemies' or '3 random targets' or 'yourself' or whatever on skills that normally don't ask for targeting.

With the parameter enabled it technically 'works', but it also brings up a confusing 'select targets' window that gets ignored every time you use a nonselecting skill. Since it's on by default, for the time being I'm just scanning the plugin parameters and having FOSSIL tell you it's turning 'select help window' off in the console.

I think this probably isn't a make-or-break feature for most users, so I'm counting it as 'done'.

Onwards to Gameus Quests!

Latest Profile Posts

I wish I can work faster on my game. But I don't want to get burned out. :(
I've been working on something on and off for a few years now, and I've been reluctant to share any details on the project before I had anything playable because I did not want to generate hype only for the project to go back on hiatus. That being said I believe what I'm working on is very unique and pushes the boundaries of what RPG Maker projects can be. Bold claims, I know but just wait.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms :)
Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thegr8gibsoni