Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so a few things: It only works if added to the bottom of the list and if at the bottom of the list and the sample quest is complete the game and then the ESC button is pressed this appears:
View attachment 186728
View attachment 186729
If placed at the top of the plugin list it works as intended except for the UI:
View attachment 186733

So yeah it works but not at 100%

I'm not able to replicate the quest complete crash, but I had to make my own demo project and it's possible I did something differently.
3rDSW2l.png

I think the problem with the text formatting is because
Code:
            var textW = this.contents.measureTextWidth(current_text + " " + word);
should be
Code:
            var textW = this.questBitmap.measureTextWidth(current_text + " " + word);
It's measuring the wrong box, so it word wraps at half the screen size instead of full screen size.

Since this a free-to edit plugin that's a lot easier to fix as just an edit within the plugin itself (along with increasing the font size). Since I'm not including any plugin code in the main branch FOSSIL, just use this as a little nonfossil add-on if you want.

Code:
if(GameusScripts && GameusScripts["QuestSystem"])
{
	//update this to use an edited version of MZ's script
	fixWindowQuestInfoTinyTextInitialize= Window_QuestInfo.prototype.initialize 
	Window_QuestInfo.prototype.initialize = function() {
			fixWindowQuestInfoTinyTextInitialize.apply(this,arguments)
			this.questBitmap.fontSize=28;
	}

Window_Base.prototype.sliceText = function(text, width) {
        var words = text.split(" ");
        if (words.length === 1)
            return words;
        var result = [];
        var current_text = words.shift();
        for (var i = 0; i < words.length; i += 1) {
            var word = words[i];
            if (textW > width) {
                result.push(current_text);
                current_text = word;
            } else {
                current_text += " " + word;
            }
            if (i >= words.length - 1)
                result.push(current_text) 
        }
        return result
    }
}

If other people are interested in using this plugin I can come up with some workaround to have it as a nonmodified fossil plugin (probably inject something into measuretextwidth to check who's calling it, and adjust params appropriately). As is I don't want to list something as supported if it has some lurking crash bugs.

AeroPergold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not able to replicate the quest complete crash, but I had to make my own demo project and it's possible I did something differently.
3rDSW2l.png

I think the problem with the text formatting is because
Code:
            var textW = this.contents.measureTextWidth(current_text + " " + word);
should be
Code:
It's measuring the wrong box, so it word wraps at half the screen size instead of full screen size.

Since this a free-to edit plugin that's a lot easier to fix as just an edit within the plugin itself (along with increasing the font size). Since I'm not including any plugin code in the main branch FOSSIL, just use this as a little nonfossil add-on if you want.

Code:
if(GameusScripts && GameusScripts["QuestSystem"])
{
    //update this to use an edited version of MZ's script
    fixWindowQuestInfoTinyTextInitialize= Window_QuestInfo.prototype.initialize
    Window_QuestInfo.prototype.initialize = function() {
            fixWindowQuestInfoTinyTextInitialize.apply(this,arguments)
            this.questBitmap.fontSize=28;
    }

Window_Base.prototype.sliceText = function(text, width) {
        var words = text.split(" ");
        if (words.length === 1)
            return words;
        var result = [];
        var current_text = words.shift();
        for (var i = 0; i < words.length; i += 1) {
            var word = words[i];
            if (textW > width) {
                result.push(current_text);
                current_text = word;
            } else {
                current_text += " " + word;
            }
            if (i >= words.length - 1)
                result.push(current_text)
        }
        return result
    }
}

If other people are interested in using this plugin I can come up with some workaround to have it as a nonmodified fossil plugin (probably inject something into measuretextwidth to check who's calling it, and adjust params appropriately). As is I don't want to list something as supported if it has some lurking crash bugs.

Okay so I tested the add-on code by adding it onto the Gameus Quest plugin and the window looks fine if placed at the bottom of the plugin list and the text looks to be the right size and I don't care much for the font being not the right one, all I care is that it works. The Maximum Call Stack crash happens if the Skill States Core plugin from VisuStella is active but once the Visustella plugin in question is disabled the main menu works as it should.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah okay, so it's a compatibility thing with some native MZ plugin. Dunno what the cause of that could be - I assume that just using pre and post alone doesn't cause a crash?

Maximum call stack bugs are often caused by an accidental circular definition where two plugins injecting into the same function end up overwriting each other and bounce back and forth. I hope that the states plugin doesn't cause issues with pre and post on their own, since that'd be a nasty side-effect I'd need to track down.

Hi! This is a personal suggestion very likely, but do you think you can get this working with JM's Earthbound Backgrounds?

*EDIT*
Can also confirm, aside from Circle and Clock, SRDude's Timed Attack System works.
Sorry to be a downer, but that earthbound backgrounds plugin has the issue that the code is minified (which makes it basically impossible for me to read).

My best guess for the source of the bug, based on the console, is that in RMMV if you called a bitmap before the base texture was created, it initialized it, and in RMMZ that doesn't happen.

However, when I tried to resurrect the RMMV code, and force a selective initialization of the base texture exclusively on earthbound battlebacks, with this code:
Code:
        Object.defineProperty(Bitmap.prototype, "baseTexture", {
        get: function() {
            if(!this._baseTexture && (this._url.contains('ebattlebacks'))) this._createBaseTexture(this._image||this._canvas);
            return this._baseTexture;
        },
        configurable: true
    });

While it doesn't throw a bug, the game hangs forever at the startup loadscreen. I honestly have no clue what's causing it, and it seems to be tied into Deep Image Handling Stuff.

I'm glad to hear the SRD Timed Attack System is mostly working. I'll take a look at it at some point.

Last edited:

Blaon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
After testing SRD Summon Core after your update, there is no crash now.
However, unless I am setting something wrong, there is still a bug. Still a great improve from crash to this bug!
Anyway, when playing on SideView, you can choose three battle systems: turn-based, active time and wait time (not correct terms due to translation :p)
- Turn-based: summon appears, becomes an active actor although he does not appear in the battle party list although he can be targeted.
- Active Time system: summon appears, but he is not an active actor, his turn gauge does not increase, he does not appear in the battle party list although he can be targeted.
- Wait time system: same thing as in Active Time system

Thanks for the update though! At least turn-based almost works flawlessly

Anthrenz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
However, unless I am setting something wrong, there is still a bug. Still a great improve from crash to this bug!
Anyway, when playing on SideView, you can choose three battle systems: turn-based, active time and wait time (not correct terms due to translation :p)
- Turn-based: summon appears, becomes an active actor although he does not appear in the battle party list although he can be targeted.
- Active Time system: summon appears, but he is not an active actor, his turn gauge does not increase, he does not appear in the battle party list although he can be targeted.

I second this. Also tested SRD Summon Core, the summoned actor will appear in the battlefield but its ATB gauge are not rising

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Okay, I'll see if I can get the time-based system working (I didn't test it). I probably just need to tell the game that the summon has a timer.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I second this. Also tested SRD Summon Core, the summoned actor will appear in the battlefield but its ATB gauge are not rising
I now have it working in ATB, as far as I can tell. Also fixed the desummoning so it set the opacity to 0 properly, and got the party to show up. Please test to see if it's broken elsewhere, it's not a plugin I'm familiar with.

New version updated with a few small other tweaks. I spent most of my time trying to get BattleEngineCore to work with the new MZ ATB system. I can stop it from crashing, but I can't get the fights to actually work with BEC enabled - I can get either the monsters to take unlimited turns, or the party to take unlimited turns, but not an actual fight.

Ah well, I feel like that's more 'adding a new feature' than 'making an existing feature work in MZ', so I'm leaving it marked as 'complete', and I now understand why yanfly mothballed his MV ATB plugin.

Anthrenz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I now have it working in ATB, as far as I can tell. Also fixed the desummoning so it set the opacity to 0 properly, and got the party to show up. Please test to see if it's broken elsewhere, it's not a plugin I'm familiar with.

New version updated with a few small other tweaks. I spent most of my time trying to get BattleEngineCore to work with the new MZ ATB system. I can stop it from crashing, but I can't get the fights to actually work with BEC enabled - I can get either the monsters to take unlimited turns, or the party to take unlimited turns, but not an actual fight.

Ah well, I feel like that's more 'adding a new feature' than 'making an existing feature work in MZ', so I'm leaving it marked as 'complete', and I now understand why yanfly mothballed his MV ATB plugin.
Tested it again in a blank new MZ project and it's working now. All I can say is FOSSIL is a great plugin :D

Blaon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Awesome work!!
Also tested SRD's "Replace Summons" that is an extension to "Summon Core" plugin, and works flawlessly.

Jrrkein

Insert Witty Title Here
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can't get vlue to work.

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found that when you are using YEP_BattleCore, the skill name doesn't show
Also Moghunter has brand new page.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found that when you are using YEP_BattleCore, the skill name doesn't show
Change 'show action text' to true in plugin settings.

EDIT: Oh, you mean the little icon name things. Just pushed an update, try it now.

Last edited:

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New update pushed to github. Now over 70 plugins verified working!

The big under-the-hood change is I now have a generic gauge creation function, which is patched in where the old RMMV gauge function used to be. If you want to use it in your own projects feel free, same terms as the rest of Fossil.

Unfortunately everything is shifted around a little bit in MZ compared to MV, so it looks like we'll still need ad-hoc tweaks to where gauges appear onscreen for each window (and things like YEP_PartyLimitGauge are gonna look kinda bad with their default plugin parameter positioning).

Can't get vlue to work.

Which plugins are you having trouble with? I tried the clock, and the demo for that it seemed to work fine (after adding the images and sounds it needed, at least). Do you have a demo project I can look at that recreates the problem?

Jrrkein

Insert Witty Title Here
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
New update pushed to github. Now over 70 plugins verified working!

The big under-the-hood change is I now have a generic gauge creation function, which is patched in where the old RMMV gauge function used to be. If you want to use it in your own projects feel free, same terms as the rest of Fossil.

Unfortunately everything is shifted around a little bit in MZ compared to MV, so it looks like we'll still need ad-hoc tweaks to where gauges appear onscreen for each window (and things like YEP_PartyLimitGauge are gonna look kinda bad with their default plugin parameter positioning).

Which plugins are you having trouble with? I tried the clock, and the demo for that it seemed to work fine (after adding the images and sounds it needed, at least). Do you have a demo project I can look at that recreates the problem?
I'm trying to use Vlue's quest plugin, the game crashed

Neosss19

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is there a way to get the Wave Text plugin to work in MZ with FOSSIL?

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to use Vlue's quest plugin, the game crashed
I should have it working, try it now. Basically it was choking on finding the default font.

Is there a way to get the Wave Text plugin to work in MZ with FOSSIL?
can you link me to the plugin, and a demo of it working in MV?

PandaDance

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there! I am periodically checking to see if versions of FOSSIL will work with the SRD_ShakingText plugin. I checked the newest version today, and, alas, it didn't work yet.

On a lark, I deactivated SRD_ShakingText and just ran FOSSIL Pre and Post without any MV plugins doing anything in my game. But I got the same error message that I thought was being caused by the ShakeText plugin:

FOSSILDidntWorkWithShakeText.png
So it looks like this error is being thrown by FOSSIL, not by ShakeText. When I deactivate FOSSIL, my game runs fine.

Hoping this helps with debugging. Or, if I am doing something wrong, I hope you'll let me know what.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there! I am periodically checking to see if versions of FOSSIL will work with the SRD_ShakingText plugin. I checked the newest version today, and, alas, it didn't work yet.

On a lark, I deactivated SRD_ShakingText and just ran FOSSIL Pre and Post without any MV plugins doing anything in my game. But I got the same error message that I thought was being caused by the ShakeText plugin:

View attachment 187460
So it looks like this error is being thrown by FOSSIL, not by ShakeText. When I deactivate FOSSIL, my game runs fine.

Hoping this helps with debugging. Or, if I am doing something wrong, I hope you'll let me know what.

Probably some compatibility issue with an mz plugin. I've tried to avoid having that happen but it's probably inevitable Can you show me what the console looks like?

Anyway, I have SRD_Shakingtext now working. It requires the Fossil_Pre_MessageCore, YEP_MessageCore, and Fossil_Post_MessageCore to be above it (this is because messages get handled pretty differently between the two - if there are people who really don't want messagecore but do want shakeytext I can look into making a dedicated Pre_Shakeytext plugin)

PandaDance

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's not working for me yet, but I am very grateful to have you working on it.

I wasn't running YEP_MessageCore before, but I just downloaded it to try your solution (including activating your FOSSIL Pre and Post MessageCores in the order you gave). Here is what my console says:

1619374521413.png
Would prefer a dedicated ShakyText fix, but I am grateful for whatever you want to do! Thanks so much.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are all on the same line, and post_messagecore doesn't even have a '<' character in it. Something is very funky. Stack overflow suggests that it might be that the plugin isn't being loaded, and the game is reading a '404' error as code.

Can I see your plugin order? Are you doing anything over the internet?

EDIT: Oh, did you download the HTML page from github instead of the raw plugin file? That could do it. You need to click this:
kXAxZG6.png

if you're downloading from github.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

TFW you discover how the script batching works in VNMaker... after you've had the program for almost 3 years.
Writes that the characters have to climb a mountain.

Realized that I have to draw six sets of models where characters are climbing.

At least I know how to draw something. :)
I'm currently scratching my head on how to design plains. What do I even put in plains? Some trees (but not too many or it turns into a forest)? Grass? A few bushes? That's a bit dull.
I'm looking for tutorials but Google didn't seem to find much (or maybe I have the wrong keywords). I don't know how to map plains and I don't know how to learn.
I should probably be dragged kicking and screaming away from Daz3D... I was playing with 8.1 models and came up with this. Thoughts?
and_remember_tomorrow_miranda_8_1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corvid