Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi restart, sorry to bother. I thought I should bring it up that summoncore from SmRdmDud doesn't work when combined with the battlecore MZ plugin by Visustella. the plugin is behind a paywall and if you are interested if any kind of fix I would be willing to help you make the purchase of that plugin.
Thank you very much for the offer, but due to their obfuscation unfortunately I can't really do anything with VS plugins.

You might want to see if you can use the MV's YEP Battlecore in your project instead, since I know that one is compatible.

thenerdmansion

Graphic Design/Complex Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ahhh, yes. Their obfuscation is making some things very hard to work with indeed. Thank you for the quick response! I am still exploring options ^^.

LyraVultur

Non-binary Catbat
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Trying to setup JK's Mail System and get this error when I try and use it with FOSSIL in MZ:
err.png
As far as I can tell, that function was an MV one that doesn't exist in MZ? A working demo project of the MV version by the author can be found in the link above. Let me know if you want a tiny MZ test project as well.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Trying to setup JK's Mail System and get this error when I try and use it with FOSSIL in MZ:
View attachment 190591
As far as I can tell, that function was an MV one that doesn't exist in MZ? A working demo project of the MV version by the author can be found in the link above. Let me know if you want a tiny MZ test project as well.

Okay, I think I have it working (check github). There's a little weirdness in how it draws the header and the mail text in two passes, so I'm not 100% sure I have the mail length calculated right, but it works on all the letters in the test project and people can always yell in the thread if it ends up cutting off their messages.

LyraVultur

Non-binary Catbat
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay, I think I have it working (check github). There's a little weirdness in how it draws the header and the mail text in two passes, so I'm not 100% sure I have the mail length calculated right, but it works on all the letters in the test project and people can always yell in the thread if it ends up cutting off their messages.
Yay! Thank you. Works a treat. Added mail, had a battle, checked mail, no crashes. Hopefully fixing Utils.generateRuntimeId is handy for some other plugins too ^^;;

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
FOSSIL 0.4 is out.
What are the changes?

*FOSSIL is now only one plugin. All the sub plugins have been incorporated into the main branch. You put FOSSIL first, and that's it, you're done. This is because:

*FOSSIL can now apply plugin tweaks directly before or after the plugin in question. Before, it was possible that changes could be 'intercepted' by other plugins. Now that changes can be applied between existing plugins, interception is impossible, which should help compatibility overall, even when mixing MV and MZ plugins.

I've done a couple of hours of testing on this, and it SHOULD be stable at this point, but I'd appreciate it if people test to see if v0.4 works with their setups.

Big thanks to @Aesica and Moki for talking about this update with me, getting this to work required some very weird code.

LyraVultur

Non-binary Catbat
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
FOSSIL 0.4 is out.
What are the changes?

*FOSSIL is now only one plugin. All the sub plugins have been incorporated into the main branch. You put FOSSIL first, and that's it, you're done. This is because:

*FOSSIL can now apply plugin tweaks directly before or after the plugin in question. Before, it was possible that changes could be 'intercepted' by other plugins. Now that changes can be applied between existing plugins, interception is impossible, which should help compatibility overall, even when mixing MV and MZ plugins.

I've done a couple of hours of testing on this, and it SHOULD be stable at this point, but I'd appreciate it if people test to see if v0.4 works with their setups.

Big thanks to @Aesica and Moki for talking about this update with me, getting this to work required some very weird code.
Using that little test project I sent you for DreamX_ChoiceHelp, Choice Help works fine. Put just the JK_MailSystem in though and got this error upon trying to open the mail scene:

EDIT: WAY_Core and other WAY plugins also cause a crash on boot up
wee1.png
err.png

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, should be fixed. Thanks for the test :)

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks like the bugs in 0.4 are fully ironed out.

@Pivoo is one of the plugin makers that I think deserves to get a lot more recognition. Pv_ParticleCore is a fun, easy-to-use plugin that lets you add on-map particle effects in a simple controllable way. It runs on the pixi-particles library. While the import instructions on the site don't work in MZ anymore, if you put the library file in the right directory FOSSIL will import it for you (something I couldn't do before version 0.4).

Click here to download Pv_ParticleCore (as well as pivoo's core plugin and the pixi-particles library - note that the direct library link is dead, but the demo project still has it.)

The other two Pivoo plugins are Skill Categories and Battle Command Customizer. These are very robust and powerful battle interface plugins.

Pv_BattleCommandCustomizer: With BCC you can change the entire default battle command list for all actors, or configure lists for individual characters, classes, states, or equipment.

Pv_SkillCategories: With skill categories, you can turn a skill into a menu option instead - so instead of having fire1, fire2, fire3, inferno, and fire4 all mixed in your skill list, you can just pick the 'fire skills' box and bring up a list of only the hottest skills. Super handy in any game that has a lot of skills.

Last edited:

BrentBAM

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey restart! Thanks for your effort at this.

I just started using this. I'm getting an error when on YEP_victory aftermath.

Want to take a look?

Thanks if you could.

example.png

Xamusel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey. Couldn't help but wonder something... do I need to put the MZ plugins on top, as in above FOSSIL, or should those be under FOSSIL as well? I'm working on a game right now with the FOSSIL capabilities included, but I don't know if I'm doing it right. Please assist, restart.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey. Couldn't help but wonder something... do I need to put the MZ plugins on top, as in above FOSSIL, or should those be under FOSSIL as well? I'm working on a game right now with the FOSSIL capabilities included, but I don't know if I'm doing it right. Please assist, restart.
With the new version you just put FOSSIL.js in first and put the rest of plugins in normal order. Since version 0.4 it now takes over the plugin manager and inserts 'virtual' plugins whenever it needs to apply a fix to a particular MV plugin.

Hey restart! Thanks for your effort at this.

I just started using this. I'm getting an error when on YEP_victory aftermath.

Want to take a look?

Thanks if you could.

View attachment 191858
Can you give me the full stacktrace from the console (f12 or f8 to bring it up)?
Are you using any other plugins? Visustella tends to break yanfly plugins.

BrentBAM

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey Restart.

I don't have any visustella plugins turned on.

Here's a pic of my plugins:

1623377037457.png

Here is the picture of the stack after the error with victory aftermath:
1623376891977.png

Thanks for any help you can give.

With the new version you just put FOSSIL.js in first and put the rest of plugins in normal order. Since version 0.4 it now takes over the plugin manager and inserts 'virtual' plugins whenever it needs to apply a fix to a particular MV plugin.

Can you give me the full stacktrace from the console (f12 or f8 to bring it up)?
Are you using any other plugins? Visustella tends to break yanfly plugins.

Xamusel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, to be sure, you're saying that I can just put the new version of the plugin at the top above the other plugins, including the MZ plugins? What order would I need to put the whole plugin list in, then? FOSSIL.js before the rest of the plugins, true, but what about other MZ plugins?

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Restart.

I don't have any visustella plugins turned on.

Here's a pic of my plugins:

View attachment 191907

Here is the picture of the stack after the error with victory aftermath:
View attachment 191906

Thanks for any help you can give.

Okay, I think I found the issue - your project probably has an older version of MZ which lacks a few functions. Update to 1.2.1

So, to be sure, you're saying that I can just put the new version of the plugin at the top above the other plugins, including the MZ plugins? What order would I need to put the whole plugin list in, then? FOSSIL.js before the rest of the plugins, true, but what about other MZ plugins?
Mixing mv and mz is essentially like using just MV or just MZ at this point - it depends entirely upon the plugins, so I can't give a good general answer, beyond the standard 'keep things from the same author together except when you don't'.

In other news, version 1.0 is up!

Last edited:

Xamusel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for the heads up. :) I appreciate it.

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Any possibility that you'll add 'YEP_X_VisualStateFX' to the list?

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes I did, the animation isn't shown (overlays like poison, paralyse works).
When the actor gots a state the game gots error.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes I did, the animation isn't shown (overlays like poison, paralyse works).
When the actor gots a state the game gots error.
I spent a while looking at it, and the main issue is that the yanfly code defines a new Sprite_StateAnimation object, and bases it off the existing Sprite_Animation, then adds custom bits to that.

However, MZ's animations are very different than MV's (for instance, unlike MV, the MZ engine doesn't actually know how long an animation will take to run). Worse than that, MZ animations are the "Sprite_Animation" object, and MV animations are the "Sprite_AnimationMV" object - so Sprite_StateAnimation will try to treat all animations as MZ animations and produce the MV/MZ frankenanimation even if you give it something it used to work with.

I think this is more of a candidate for an edit or a replacement, since basic things like 'how often does this need to repeat' would need to be passed in on a per-animation basis, and it'd be more of a pain to work around the existing code for that than to do this relatively simple effect from scratch.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

RivalRamen_Games wrote on jacobv1014's profile.
I really like your profile picture! Who is that in it? is she an OC?
Making his first game
This scene was suppose to be a test... but now, it's going in the game as official side/optional content. :kaosalute:

functionality(This is function demo not game demo)
1 The door of ABS map can open upon clearing all the monsters
2 Secret room/road arrow/lighting/whatever others can be shown upon clearing too
3 Boss HP bar and loot effect, loot jump and item name color as well as the pick-up animation effect
4 Back to town and "victory aftermath" screen for ABS maps/rooms
Playing one of the two RM2k3 games I was best known for back in the day, one I made in the Spring semester of my Freshmen year in college like 15 years ago, feeling all kinds of ways about it. I have not played this game in WELL over 10 years. I feel a million years old RN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quant