Nerine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What's the impact on the performance of the plugin that's being fossilized?

Last edited:

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have some compatibility issue with FOSSIL plugin and MV imported animation with NRP_DynamicAnimationMV2MZ and NRP_DynamicAnimationMZ.
When they are used with FOSSIL base I get error 'Cannot find property of 'concat' of undefined'.
Without FOSSIL everything works fine.

Last edited:

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have some compatibility issue with FOSSIL plugin and MV imported animation with NRP_DynamicAnimationMV2MZ and NRP_DynamicAnimationMZ.
When they are used with FOSSIL base I get error 'Cannot find property of 'concat' of undefined'.
Without FOSSIL everything works fine.
odd, I'll look at it. One of the things I've been trying to do is get the animation.frames.length shortcut used by MV plugins to assess the duration of an animation to work on MZ-native animations (which don't have any frames), so it's possible that this has messed up something somewhere. I've been futzing with that recently - do you have the latest version of FOSSIL?

EDIT: figured out the issue. The plugin creates its own $dataAnimationsMV object to store MV animations. I've altered my code to include a fallback to the original behavior so this (and other similar plugins) should work. Fixed in 1.0.03

What's the impact on the performance of the plugin that's being fossilized?
In principle shouldn't be noticeable; you do end up having more code executing but I don't think there's anything that's slow enough to matter.

For instance, if you create a window, normally the call is something like MyCustomWindow->WindowSelectable->WindowScrollable->Window_Base->Window. Fossil will end up checking that a rect is being passed in to define the size between each step, which is a little bit of extra overhead, but checking if it's being passed a rectangle is pretty quick.

There are definitely places where you could make it more complex and more efficient, but to a large extent Fossil is not much different than existing accepted inefficiencies using plugins instead of altering core scripts. (For instance, it's always going to be a little faster to just alter a function by changing the original file instead of aliasing it and injecting code, but ease of use is really important). In theory I could avoid a few evals at startup by turning plugin-specific fixes into dataurls, (or into actual on-disk files), but the current method hasn't shown any issues so far (aside from making it a little harder to set breakpoints before running code), and I believe eval is going to be faster than accessing the hard disk or modifying the DOM.

Last edited:

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
odd, I'll look at it. One of the things I've been trying to do is get the animation.frames.length shortcut used by MV plugins to assess the duration of an animation to work on MZ-native animations (which don't have any frames), so it's possible that this has messed up something somewhere. Do you have the latest version?
I have everything latest, the author said that the handling of animation in your plugin makes the problem. I can provide sample project

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have everything latest, the author said that the handling of animation in your plugin makes the problem. I can provide sample project
I just pushed a fix, try it now. Basically I now fall back to original behavior for detecting MV vs MZ animations if my startup code hasn't run on a particular animation.

So long as nobody has a both a plugin that makes a separate animation database which contains MZ animations (which I don't think exists ATM), and also a MV plugin that uses the animation.frames.length trick at the same time, it shouldn't be an issue again, and I can always do a patch to address it at that point.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is pretty amazing, and the list of compatible plugins is quite something too. I wonder if anyone has tried using the Actors Friendship System with FOSSIL? I seem to recall at least one person asking if it's MZ compatible.

I'm also kind of curious how many of my own plugins would work with FOSSIL, but they're probably not widely-used enough to justify you spending time checking them.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is pretty amazing, and the list of compatible plugins is quite something too. I wonder if anyone has tried using the Actors Friendship System with FOSSIL? I seem to recall at least one person asking if it's MZ compatible.

I'm also kind of curious how many of my own plugins would work with FOSSIL, but they're probably not widely-used enough to justify you spending time checking them.
You can always try them yourself :) If it works I'll add it to the list.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would, but I don't have MZ yet.

If I ever get MZ, and no-one has tried it by then, then I'll try it.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just got Knight Editor Visual Doodad Editor working with FOSSIL.

Knight Editor is an add-on for grid free doodads which gives it a much improved user interface (with features like undo and selecting doodads by clicking on them). If you use doodads on your map I highly recommend it.
QtdSgn7.png

I also added ALOE conditional choices, a nice plugin that lets you disable or hide commands in a choice list by putting tags directly into the choice text.

BrentBAM

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay, I think I found the issue - your project probably has an older version of MZ which lacks a few functions. Update to 1.2.1

Hey Restart. I updated my MZ. I'm still getting that issue when using YEP_victory aftermath. I still get the label measure width error.

It may be another plugin but I'm not sure. The Fossil and Victory Aftermath DO work when I make a new project w/o other plugins. But for some reason it doesn't work in my game and not sure what plugin would be affecting it.

Have any other ideas about a fix?

Last edited:

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Restart. I updated my MZ. I'm still getting that issue when using YEP_victory aftermath. I still get the label measure width error.

It may be another plugin but I'm not sure. The Fossil and Victory Aftermath DO work when I make a new project w/o other plugins. But for some reason it doesn't work in my game and not sure what plugin would be affecting it.

Have any other ideas about a fix?
I am travelling so don't have time to do anything with code, so this is just a guess:

Check to make sure you updated the project's core files as well as the editor. there's a dropdown in the editor menu to do it somewhere, ask someone else on the forums about it since I can't check it myself

BrentBAM

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am travelling so don't have time to do anything with code, so this is just a guess:

Check to make sure you updated the project's core files as well as the editor. there's a dropdown in the editor menu to do it somewhere, ask someone else on the forums about it since I can't check it myself
Restart! Thanks so much!

That fixed it perfectly. Victory Aftermath works now. I never knew I had to use update the core files too. Even made my game slightly faster too lol.

Wow, thanks again though. appreciate the help in this.

Oiram19

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi!! First of all, i want to congratulate you for this awesome plugin! I want to use YEP_WeaponAnimation and i don't know why, it doesn´t work. I'm using YEP_EquipCore (which works correctly) and YEP_WeaponAnimation, maybe i have to change the notetags <Weapon Image: x>?

Lranger

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, first of all, thanks for making this plugin. This is truly amazing and I really appreciate your effort. However I can't seem to get it to work with SRD Camera Core and the error below poped up. Is there any possible solution to this? I have little programming knowledge so I'm clueless on what to do to troubleshoot.
Infectious Intelligence 23_6_2021 0_48_10.png

rafman2k

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Restart any chance to use this to get your chrose engine project file working in MZ ?

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Restart any chance to use this to get your chrose engine project file working in MZ ?
not likely, it's more a byproduct of my own gamedev than something I'm actively working on as a standalone project. Since I do some version-specific pixi stuff, ironically I can't actually port my own project. So it goes.
If anyone wants to do a spinoff of cross engine it they are free to do so.

Anyway hopefully should be able to resume work soonish,

kamster94

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi. Has anyone tried to run YEP Turn Order Display with Visustella plugins? I need YEP battle core for this of course. When I try to load both of them with visustella core + battle core, it crashes when battler move. However, when I disable visustella battle core but leave core engine enabled, YEP turn order display is not showing at all. Does anyone have a solution for that?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just released a new trailer for Manafinder! It's the TGS trailer! :D I'm very happy with the result!
sooo... im gonna go ahead and release all my game ideas on android as Beta. Everyone will be nice right? cause its Beta... right?...

AABS traps and heals (detail is below the YTB desc)
 I may actually have something I can put into the Boss Battle Build Bout by the time it’s due. It won’t be anything spectacular (or even great (and maybe not even good (I have no idea how to do combat (yay for nested parentheses)))), but I might have a submission none the less.
Today's my first login since Jan 2020. Time sure flies. Sorry to everyone's messages i missed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3kish