Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi. Has anyone tried to run YEP Turn Order Display with Visustella plugins? I need YEP battle core for this of course. When I try to load both of them with visustella core + battle core, it crashes when battler move. However, when I disable visustella battle core but leave core engine enabled, YEP turn order display is not showing at all. Does anyone have a solution for that?
Odd, I've tried YEP_BattleEngineCore and YEP_X_TurnOrderDisplay together and they worked for me. Is it possible there's a plugin conflict?

Otherwise, you can try moghunter's MZ-native turn order plugin and see if that works.

kamster94

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Odd, I've tried YEP_BattleEngineCore and YEP_X_TurnOrderDisplay together and they worked for me. Is it possible there's a plugin conflict?

Otherwise, you can try moghunter's MZ-native turn order plugin and see if that works.
Yeah, there is a conflict for sure, but not between YEP plugins, but between YEP and Visustella's. I sudpect it would be hard to make both battle cores work togerher, as they touch the same aspects, but when I disable visustella battle core, but leave core engine enabled for other visustella plugins, turn order display is not showing at all

Jrrkein

Drago Royale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can you least try the alternative -_-

kamster94

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you least try the alternative -_-
I would, but can't find mog's turn order plugin. It's not on his blog at least. Is it still available? I know it's quite off topic, but can someone send me a link to this plugin in PM?

Jrrkein

Drago Royale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Geeze. Use google .-.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would, but can't find mog's turn order plugin. It's not on his blog at least. Is it still available? I know it's quite off topic, but can someone send me a link to this plugin in PM?
Mog distributes his plugins as a big zip now, there's a link in the OP.

Jrrkein

Drago Royale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
he definitely lazy to look at first post

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did a few tests on MZ since it seems to be free on Steam temporarily, and I can confirm that some of my plugins work, even without FOSSIL.

The following work without FOSSIL:
  • SFG_AutoBattle
  • SFG_EventTriggers - only the <relativeTransfer> note tag does not work. Note: with FOSSIL enabled, it causes an infinite transfer loop if you use it. This seems like something that either could be fixed in FOSSIL or could have a FOSSIL-specific fixup implemented, but I don't have the time to investigate further.
  • SFG_MapHierarchy
  • I had SFG_Utils enabled the whole time and didn't see any issues, but as this isn't a real plugin, I can't be certain it's 100% functional just from testing a few of my plugins.
I also tested the following plugins that use old-style plugin commands, but they didn't work at all:
  • SFG_BattleBalloons - it doesn't break anything, but it doesn't work either; I'm not too surprised about this, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try
  • SFG_SwitchCommand - the command replacement logic is non-functional and just shows the switch as a regular choice box
  • Moogle_X_ActorsFriendshipSystem - immediately crashes on start

I probably won't have time to test any of my other plugins, but I suspect SFG_ExpandedTP and SFG_ParamAdd are likely to work at least partially. I also have no reason to expect that SFG_Wait would have any problems, but again this is just speculation. I'm not sure how whether FOSSIL would influence how well they work.

For the record, I assume SFG_SortKeys and SFG_NewAnimTimings can't possibly be compatible even with FOSSIL… the latter because it hooks into the MV animation system which was completely replaced in MZ, and the former because it's very much user interface code.

Drakkonis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
For the record, I assume SFG_SortKeys and SFG_NewAnimTimings can't possibly be compatible even with FOSSIL… the latter because it hooks into the MV animation system which was completely replaced in MZ, and the former because it's very much user interface code.
MZ actually has "legacy" animation code built in. Instead of being Animation class, it's MV_Animation. So anything using those are still compatible. You can even import and use MV battle animations. You just can't create or modify them in the engine, or view them in the editor, only in game.

Edit: Probably incompatible on their own if they hook into the animation system without a rename, but I assume FOSSIL handles that. If it doesn't, it should be able to rather easily, it's just a rename, essentially.

kamster94

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mog distributes his plugins as a big zip now, there's a link in the OP.
Sure he does. But there's no turn order plugin there. Unless you are speaking of ATB gauge? It only works with ATB tho, and I want turn based combat, with visual representation of who goes after whom. Thanks anyway.

hola111

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So with the help of FOSSIL I manage to get YEP_RowFormation and YEP_TargetCore to work in RPGMMZ. However without YEP_BattleEngineCore (which is incompatible with RPGMMZ's ATB and some VisuStella plugins I'm using) you cannot use YEP_X_AreaOfEffect and YEP_X_SelectionControl and Target Core is severely limited.

Is there a way to make Target Core, Area of Effect and Selection Control plugins to work with VisuStella BattleCore and ATB without requiring YEP RPGMMV BattleEngineCore ? I'm not good at scripting so I'm at a loss atm.

Last edited:

A983RPG

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've gotten an error. I was using GALV_RollCredits for my game, and when i turned FOSSIL on in my plugins list and play-tested the game, the enemies seemed invisible. I turned off the GALV_RollCredits.js plugin, and the enemies are still invisible. However, when i turned off FOSSIL, the enemies are now visible! But i still have the MV Plugin i was using not working, so, defeats the whole purpose of not running an MV Plugin without FOSSIL.

Sometimes the enemies appear after some time, but they are mostly invisible. Can anybody help me with this?

BrentBAM

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
  • If you test some other plugin and it works, post about it in the thread and I'll add it to the list.

Hey Restart!

I've been using fossil with these MV plugins. Just wanted to let you know they all work and you can add them to the list:

Galv_cursor image
Galv_enemy AI
Galv_jump ability
YEP_enemy levels
YEP_equip battle skills

They were working 100% for me. Thanks.

Last edited:

Makorie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello,
I'm not sure if this is solvable, but in case this could help anyone else: FOSSIL causes an incompatibility error with Mokusei Penguin's MZ script, Message EX/文章の表示拡張. You can find the plugin here: http://woodpenguin.web.fc2.com/MV_Plugin/MessageEX.html

You can duplicate this error by using a "Show Text" command, and waiting for the dialogue to reach the last character. The error popup is: "TypeError: Cannot read property 'charCodeAt' of undefined." It seems to happen no matter what plugin settings are used for Message EX.

EDIT: After more experimenting, it seems the error may be happening whenever the last "word" is a control character like \V[x].

Last edited:

SpikerMan87

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey just wanted to say I'm still working on LMBS, it seems to be mostly working now, except for the battlebacks (which aren't applied at the right location or scale, look hideous and ruin the experience entirely).

I might see if there's a free existing MZ-native plugin for scrolling/tiled/otherwise custom battlebacks that I can link with it instead, if anyone has suggestions I'm willing to try.
Can you go into more details on how you got LMBS to work? I'm seeing the same error "Cannot read property 'map' of undefined. Is there something else that needs to be done? I've placed FOSSIL at the top and set the other MOG Hunter plugins where they're supposed to be.

AeroPergold

RPG Maker Nutcase
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just checking on when the Gameus Quest system will be officially supported.

Lostsouls46

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I might have a sort of bug report or something, using yanfly's row formations with this works beautifully.... except when the enemy takes the first turn using a skill that has the <Push Back Target Row: x> command. The other enemy disappears. If you then target the disappeared enemy, you disappear. I tested this using the battle test under the troops tab by giving that tag to the goblins body slam.

Its probably because I'm using the Visustella battle core instead of the YEP battle core, but I really like their ATB system better. Funnily enough all other functions work fine without the YEP battle core.

Any Ideas?

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for the delayed responses on these, I've been fairly busy the last few weeks between work and some personal projects.

Just checking on when the Gameus Quest system will be officially supported.
Dunno, depends when I get around to it. There are a couple of quest systems already supported so this is lower priority ATM. My current target is getting SRPG working, since AFAIK there isn't a good MZ-native setup for that style of game

I've gotten an error. I was using GALV_RollCredits for my game, and when i turned FOSSIL on in my plugins list and play-tested the game, the enemies seemed invisible. I turned off the GALV_RollCredits.js plugin, and the enemies are still invisible. However, when i turned off FOSSIL, the enemies are now visible! But i still have the MV Plugin i was using not working, so, defeats the whole purpose of not running an MV Plugin without FOSSIL.

Sometimes the enemies appear after some time, but they are mostly invisible. Can anybody help me with this?
Could be a plugin conflict with something else (preloading issue maybe?) What else are you using? Can you send me a test project?

Hey Restart!

I've been using fossil with these MV plugins. Just wanted to let you know they all work and you can add them to the list:

Galv_cursor image

Galv_enemy AI

Galv_jump ability

YEP_enemy levels

YEP_equip battle skills

They were working 100% for me. Thanks.
Thanks, I'll add them! Glad it's working :)

I might have a sort of bug report or something, using yanfly's row formations with this works beautifully.... except when the enemy takes the first turn using a skill that has the <Push Back Target Row: x> command. The other enemy disappears. If you then target the disappeared enemy, you disappear. I tested this using the battle test under the troops tab by giving that tag to the goblins body slam.

Its probably because I'm using the Visustella battle core instead of the YEP battle core, but I really like their ATB system better. Funnily enough all other functions work fine without the YEP battle core.

Any Ideas?
Honestly not sure. If you can get it to happen with yanfly's battle core I might be able to figure it out, but anything involving VS isn't really possible to work with.

My *guess* would be that it somehow is getting the location set to a noninteger, like NaN or undefined or 'fish' or something.

Lostsouls46

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Honestly not sure. If you can get it to happen with yanfly's battle core I might be able to figure it out, but anything involving VS isn't really possible to work with.

My *guess* would be that it somehow is getting the location set to a noninteger, like NaN or undefined or 'fish' or something.
I will give it some testing and let you know if I can recreate it using the YEP battlecore

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I might not participate in the Boss Battle contest after all... I have more important things to do, like Wishful Wanda. And of course the Dark Deception spinoff I plan to pitch, Demon Slayer.
Changed my avatar, goodbye Alan Sugar, hello George Carlin (one of my favorite human beings ever)
If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankdontrithep61