Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would this work w/ more complex plugins like LTBS or SRPG?

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would this work w/ more complex plugins like LTBS or SRPG?
Am working on SRPG right now, at the moment parts of it work and parts of it do not.

LTBS has particular issues with the scrolling battlebacks; there seems to be a big change in how MZ does battlebacks and I've been asking around to see if there's anyone who's willing to work on that.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I currently use LTBS and wasn't even aware it utilized scrolling battlebacks at all lol. Man, it would be a godsend if I could use LTBS in MZ. SRPG I'm not so thrilled about... its feature set doesn't really vibe w/ me. @Pharonix is pretty much our resident expert on LTBS, though he doesn't seem to be as active as before. However, it does show that he did log on about 2 weeks ago.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh, sorry, I misread LTBS as LMBS, I was thinking of the mog one since people have asked about that before

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh, sorry, I misread LTBS as LMBS, I was thinking of the mog one since people have asked about that before
Ah, that makes sense. I was wondering how/where LTBS uses a scrolling battleback lol. Anyway, what does that mean in terms of LTBS compatability?

Lostsouls46

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Honestly not sure. If you can get it to happen with yanfly's battle core I might be able to figure it out, but anything involving VS isn't really possible to work with.

My *guess* would be that it somehow is getting the location set to a noninteger, like NaN or undefined or 'fish' or something.
I just finished testing everything I have (Visustella stuff and Yanfly stuff) with YEP_RowFormation and everything played super nicely with regards to my bug report on the enemies disappearing, until I put in the Visustella Core Engine. Everything worked perfectly without it, but for some reason, it doesn't want to play nicely with YEP_RowFormation's row switching capabilities, but only in the instance that the enemy goes first and uses a move that moves the actors row. IDK if this is a fixable thing, I know you cant work with Visustella stuff due to their terms.

The only thing I can think of is if the Visustella Core Engine modifies enemy and actor locations, which in turn shows a NULL value like you suggested Restart. Ill dig deeper and see what I can come up with, but until then if anyone has some suggestions I'm all ears.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, that makes sense. I was wondering how/where LTBS uses a scrolling battleback lol. Anyway, what does that mean in terms of LTBS compatability?
Haven't looked at LeTBS yet - there's a lot of plugins out there

EAP

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So I am getting this error code when I am using VisuMZ_2_Crafting
System to be something within the Scene part of things.

I have disable FOSSIL and it works and also test all the others it seems to be only FOSSIL that sadly is having a hang up.

If there is anything you could help with this would be greatly helpful.
1626486223402.png

1626486182448.png

"UPDATE"

I go it to work but sadly had to disable the Animation Settings on the plugin..

1626498302079.png

Last edited:

FrancoBash

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks so much for this -- really incredible stuff!

I've been using it with Frog Magic and, functionally, it all works great! The only issue is that while in combat the game fails to count down spell uses. They actually are working correctly, it just won't actually show the spell slots count down lol. I have no other plugins and am purely running tests right now.

Lee Sang

Sang Hendrix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I did some test on my Android device (Note 9). Fossil 0.1 runs fine but when I updated it to 1.0 version, the screen turned black after the loading icon showed up. I can still here the music but yeah that's what happened. I switched back to 0.1 version and it ran fine.
Edit: Actually nvm, now it's all messed up. I'll try to figure out the reason.

Last edited:

TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First off, I'm delighted this exists. My failure to have a killer finished game to sub to starjam today means I probably won't be making the jump to MZ after all, sadly, but I did want to put in a request in favor of FOSSILIZING Orange Screenshot Saver. It seems insane to have to give this guy ten dollars a month to get access to the only plugin written for MZ that I've found that fulfills this extremely basic convenience/quality-of-life function.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, I'm having an issue using YEP_MessageCore via FOSSIL. For some reason whenever I try to use the name window it crashes.

MZConsoleLog.PNG

I know my copy of MessageCore works fine normally because it works just fine in an MV project. Also the only 2 plugins I have active in the MZ Project are FOSSIL -> YEP_MessageCore.

Apparently it's treating the NameWindow as undefined and thus trying and failing to call the refresh function on it per the Yanfly script.

I can't tell whether this is a bug or something I'm doing wrong considering YEP_MessageCore supposedly has confirmed functionality via FOSSIL. It seems that followed all the FOSSIL instructions correctly but it's not working.

Edit: Grammar.

Last edited:

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't even tell how grateful I am for this plugin. THANK YOU.

gamel001

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi man, please help me to use SRD_SummonCore plugin, summon appear and not attack, can help me?

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, quick update.

As has been pretty obvious, updates have slowed down on FOSSIL significantly. Partly that's due to no longer being fully WFH - I don't have the free time to do the 5 plugins a day I was averaging at the start of the project. I was also told that some of the site admins thought that FOSSIL was having a negative effect upon the plugin making community, and while they didn't tell me to stop working on it, it kind of took the wind out of my sails and made working on this project a lot less fun.

It's not abandoned but my updates to the plugin will be less frequent - and of course, I'm still accepting community help to help make FOSSIL bigger and better, if anyone else wants to step up to the plate :).

Furia25

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Fossil will in a future update make the MZ plugin can be on mv ? It would be amazing to allow cross-compatibility

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Fossil will in a future update make the MZ plugin can be on mv ? It would be amazing to allow cross-compatibility
That's RETRO
Drakkonis is doing that one

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
... I was also told that some of the site admins thought that FOSSIL was having a negative effect upon the plugin making community, and while they didn't tell me to stop working on it, it kind of took the wind out of my sails and made working on this project a lot less fun.

It's not abandoned but my updates to the plugin will be less frequent - and of course, I'm still accepting community help to help make FOSSIL bigger and better, if anyone else wants to step up to the plate :).

Hi, Restart.

Through this message I just want to express my gratitude to you who have created Fossil.

Fossil allows us to enjoy the latest features of RPG Maker MZ without losing the benefits of RPG Maker MV plugins. Fossil allows every work and code that has been created will not be wasted just because of compatibility issues. Fossil allows large projects such as the SRPG Engine MV to be utilized by RPG Maker MZ users without the enormous effort and expense of rewriting the code.

I want to show my support to you, that Fossil is a very useful project and there are no negative effects at all. Everyone is free to use the plugin that is specifically for RPG Maker MZ without losing access to the plugin that has been made for RPG Maker MV.

You have done what developers of this software is supposed to do, which is to maintain compatibility for each latest version release.

Thank you for your hard work and keep enjoying the work you have created.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

This is a lot of fun
Posted some halloween freebies! Grab them while on season :kaopride:
hallow_cat.png
So my birthday was about a week ago! Just forgot to post it. I went to a Golden Corral, and it was soooooo good! :kaojoy: I also got some Animal Crossing in my life! Yay, Animal Crossing!
At this point, "unique and diverse cast of characters" might as well be slang for Every Character is a Human-Sue.
I found an absolutely brilliant lifehack on the internet today.

Screenshot_760.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaccoonRadio