busbuzz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
How can i fix compatibility for we and android?

Icenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What a great plugin!
I tried it with Yanfly Instant Cast and when I tried to start the game I got this error. What did I do wrong?

TypeError
Yanfly.Util.getRange is not a function

hsumi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Woah, this is amazing!
I have nothing constructive to add, just that this is a fantastic plugin and thank you so much for creating it!

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Will this effect MZ plugins?

Icenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Error
Uncaught TypeError: this._clearUpperCanvas is not a function

Trying to use YF_Core, YF_BattleEngine, and YF_CTB

What did I do wrong?

hsumi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know I already got one minimap plugin to work, but now we have the one made by @SilverDash available in MZ as well.

2TFTawO.png

It has an optional fog of war, and can be toggled on and off (or given as an item). I have most of the plugins in his master demo working, but haven't figured out the itemlog. Still, if you want the cool window-slide-in effect that he put in his core engine (you can see one sliding in from offscreen at the top left!), the event randomization, or the dash stamina system, you've got those as options in MZ now.
I know this is old, but I'm having a problem where loading SE_Minimap causes an 'Undefined' error when I test the project. I have all of the associated requirements enabled (SE_Core, SE_Keys, Mapshot), and the game loads fine with just these enabled, but enabling the minimap plugin just results in an error when hitting the test play button.

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Error
Uncaught TypeError: this._clearUpperCanvas is not a function

Trying to use YF_Core, YF_BattleEngine, and YF_CTB

What did I do wrong?
YEP_EngineCore is not supported.
Not every plugin can be, some like this one are proabbly unportable

evertonera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Amazing plugin. I have been trying it out, and most of my MV plugins.
Except I get a really strange bug: my battler sprites won't appear in combat. Anyone else getting this weird bug? It's simple as that: I activate FOSSIL plugin, none of the battlers show up on the screen. Deactivating it fixes this issue.

Icenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
YEP_EngineCore is not supported.
Not every plugin can be, some like this one are proabbly unportable
Yeah but CTB says its supported and so is battle engine. Do you run it without the core?

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got referenceerror require not defined with this plugin as i was trying to deploy to web. I looked for plugins that had the function require in it, and found fossil, then removed fossil and the game worked, :(
Have the same problem, looks like it's incompatible with web browsers/android deplyment. Sadly.

Beregon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Great plugin! Any chance it will support web deployment in the future?

Rex Tenebris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello @Restart YEP_X_MapQuestWindow is showing like this, could you fix it please? :(
1632431784412.png

Quest objectives doesn't show at all, neither the squares. It should look like this (from MV):
1632431920707.png

Also, by some reason only due using YEP_QuestJournal this window is always opened on start:
1632432166195.png
1632432188478.png

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah but CTB says its supported and so is battle engine. Do you run it without the core?
Yes. The Core engine is very complex plugin and would require going into its code.
Use Battle Core and CTB without it.

Icenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes. The Core engine is very complex plugin and would require going into its code.
Use Battle Core and CTB without it.
I tried it and it doesn't work in any event.

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I don't understand if the project continues to be supported or not ... I don't see any new posts about updates, just an endless list of people reporting problems.

Last update of the main post is Jun 16, 2021...

Halcyon Days

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sorry if it's a dumb question, but I tried to get FOSSIL and downloaded the raw version of the plugin, but how I can add it in my project?

FiercestPixel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Has anyone had any luck with porting ChronoEngine? I've been getting this error...chrnabs.png

myarichuk

Code Monkey Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did some digging regarding Yanfly Core Engine compatibility with FOSSIL, perhaps the following will be useful to someone.

It seems like there is an issue with how Core Engine handles and scales battlebacks - FOSSIL has that is supposed to emulate RMMV way of drawing battlebacks because it has changed in RMMZ.

The code line highlighted in the link throws (https://github.com/FossilMZ/fossil-MV-MZ/blob/main/FOSSIL.js#L2808) because Sprite_Battleback.prototype.battleback1Name is undefined for some reason (and the code cannot call "apply" method of undefined object)
Unfortunately, I am too much of a noob in Javascript and too new to RpgMaker to figure out the reason so far.

I wonder what was the version of Core Scripts that the current version of FOSSIL was tested with, because it seems like something has changed in the Core Scripts and broke FOSSIL.

Note : In the test project I used only FOSSIL and Yanfly Core Engine plugins and Core scripts v1.3.3

magnumwhisper

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Has anyone had success with deploying their game to mobile/web well using the Fossil plugin? For whatever reason my game does not work when I deploy it for mobile/web when using the fossil plugin.

Thanks in advance!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I want to learn Javascript to create a custom menu, but I don't really know where to start.
One uncomfortable truth that has withstood the test of time, is how most people will stand by while they see a crime happening, unless it's illegal to stand by. We probably wouldn't have stories about "special heroes" or games about heroes if the "everyday common folk" were largely capable of being heroes. Heroes face dangers that most people are not willing to.
I'm having toooo much fun designing the new MP (Mental Psyche) system. I've only worked it out for enemies so far, but it's fun to stun them, then go after their MP and delete them instead to farm for better item drops.
anyone know of a place I can promote my game? sorta like game awards but for indie devs, like a place where I can drop a trailer and like stir up some hype
Doing RPG Maker News for 17th October 2021

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LAB00M