DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
how do i use this? its just text and idk now to make it in to a js file :/

If you have text, on browser you can use right click and do "save as".

Or you can copy all of the text, put it into a notepad and then save it as "nameoftheplugin.js"

ScytheX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
hey so small problem the plugin doesn't seem to work well with some MZ plugins mainly Visustella's class change system, i made a thread about but it seems to try to load up mv files for a mz plugin and that causes an error.

NikaraWorld

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hey so small problem the plugin doesn't seem to work well with some MZ plugins mainly Visustella's class change system, i made a thread about but it seems to try to load up mv files for a mz plugin and that causes an error.

Do you have the FOSSIL at the very top before any other plugins. I'm using all visustella's plugins and I haven't encountered any errors

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm using all visustella's plugins and I haven't encountered any errors
with just fossil, visu core and class change gives the error.
do a class change and you'll see. the animation playing gives an error

ScytheX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Do you have the FOSSIL at the very top before any other plugins. I'm using all visustella's plugins and I haven't encountered any errors
yeah . i can't run at all if its not a the top. anyway i have a fix for it thanks to Roninator2

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
causes an error
My monkeying around has this as a solution.
It does the same thing as what I told you in the other thread. The animation does not play.
Add into Fossil somewhere. I have it inserted at line 4970.
JavaScript:
    Fossil.loadPostFix('VisuMZ_2_ClassChangeSystem',function()
    {
        Sprite_AnimationMV.prototype.updateFrame = function() {
                if (this._duration > 0) {
                        const timings = this._animation.soundTimings.concat(this._animation.flashTimings);
                        const frameIndex = this.currentFrameIndex();
                        this.updateAllCellSprites(this._animation.frames[frameIndex]);
                        for (const timing of timings) {
                                if (timing.frame === frameIndex) {
                                        this.processTimingData(timing);
                                }
                        }
                }
        };

})
I don't understand nearly enough to get it to play the animation.

limsoonchiong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
FOSSIL does not seem to work with Cordova. I can't port RPGMaker to Android with Fossil enable. Anyone else found a work around?

Xiamon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So we are removing all of our Visustella plugins and opting to go with Fossil and Yep plugins. the first problem came up with just fossil and yep core engine installed text displays in windows but not in the answer windows and some of the menu option windows. any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 23

SakuraOxygen

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Attempting to use Gimmer_ControllerType results in this error as soon as I use the arrow keys. Any idea on how to fix this?

Attachments

• uncaught referenceerror.png
    uncaught referenceerror.png
    189.5 KB · Views: 5

BenSD

Could be anybody
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
FOSSIL does not seem to work with Cordova. I can't port RPGMaker to Android with Fossil enable. Anyone else found a work around?
Unless I'm doing something wrong, I don't think this is specific to Cordova, but to any web deployment; I haven't been able to get FOSSIL to work when I upload my game as HTML either and was hoping somebody could tell me I was doing something simple and stupid wrong. I love the options this plugin opens up, but I'm pretty attached to web and android deployment, so any help would be appreciated.

limsoonchiong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Unless I'm doing something wrong, I don't think this is specific to Cordova, but to any web deployment; I haven't been able to get FOSSIL to work when I upload my game as HTML either and was hoping somebody could tell me I was doing something simple and stupid wrong. I love the options this plugin opens up, but I'm pretty attached to web and android deployment, so any help would be appreciated.
Right, that make sense. I could only test my HTML version with Cordova and it works after I disable FOSSIL so I tot it was Fossil's vs Cordova. So it could be Fossil vs HTML. Perhaps we're suppose to use FOSSILIndex.html instead of the normal index.html?

BenSD

Could be anybody
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Perhaps we're suppose to use FOSSILIndex.html instead of the normal index.html?
Um...wow...why didn't that occur to me? I went ahead and uploaded my current files to test the theory and it turns out... (dramatic pause)
Yeah, that definitely works. I feel kind of silly now, but I'm glad you found the answer to our problem! :D

limsoonchiong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Um...wow...why didn't that occur to me? I went ahead and uploaded my current files to test the theory and it turns out... (dramatic pause)
Yeah, that definitely works. I feel kind of silly now, but I'm glad you found the answer to our problem! :D
Two minds are greater than one. I think we both found the solution by giving each other the right hints. :)

Lokystaz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Note: Some authors have made ports of their own plugins to MZ. If you aren't trying to port over an existing project, or have extension plugins, I recommend you use a plugin that was actually ported to be MZ native. It's a lot less likely to be buggy
Hey that is amazing... Thanks a lot for your work !!
But as you said in that note, it's better to use native plugins of course, sadly many plugins are not ported to MZ or became paid plugins in the process..
I'm sorry if the question has already been asked but I don't have time to read the 19 pages...
So, does there is any drawback in using MV plugins in MZ ? I mean about performances and major issues ?

(I'm starting to think about going back to MV just because of some plugins, but the few update of MZ are really great, the layers, the particle engine, the overall performance, export map for parallax mapping at proper size..etc)

alltheyuriz

The one the only Cat Dad
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
fossil isn't detecting that it's the first plug in help?

BenSD

Could be anybody
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
fossil isn't detecting that it's the first plug in help?
Do you have it as the very first, in front of MZ plugins also, or just first of the MV plugins? It has to be above everything. Hope that helps!

Richard John S

Rpg Maker Music Pack Contributor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When trying to use YEP Equip Battle Skills, I get "Undefined" in the menu and the game freezes.

EDIT: It seems to work with an older version of the plugin but not the latest version.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Couldn't sleep at all so I started working on the topmost deck. I've had to make several deviations from the Imperator/Berengaria's deck-plans to accommodate MV's movement, but 100% accuracy was never my intention.
Still no name for the poor ship...:kaodes:
Screenshot-2022-06-25-053308.png
ScreenShot_6_24_2022_9_20_7.png
Here's Mike when you get a preemptive strike in battle. There's another one for when an enemy sneaks up on you too.
Suddenly, games mean nothing. The money spent was worth it to bring souls towards the light of life. May God bless my path forever. I pray that all are shaken for truth and poured out flat on the table of true understanding, knowledge, and wisdom. Bless you.
Finally I bought OMORI...cant wait to get traumatised!!!
Finished making this pretty ambitious forest map. Was wondering what y'all think of it! :kaopride:
1656136876015.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sieuthitien