PandaDance

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you so much for helping out a Github newb! That fixed that error!

The plugins now throw no console errors. The texts shakes! But, this is what my text looks like now:

1619376457996.png

The error is coming from VisuMZ_1_MessageCore plugin; when I deactivate it, shaking text works fine. But I need MessageCore for other things! Is there any way to have both work?

For reference, here is how I have my plugins arranged:

1619377149306.png

Thank you so much!

EDIT: Put up easier-to-read screenshot.

Last edited:

PandaDance

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I tried to live without MessageCore and just use YEP's wordwrap etc. functions, but couldn't figure out what to enable/disable to get them to play nicely. Hoping, having gotten this far, it won't be too hard to get this working all the way!

Last edited:

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well we're getting closer, anyway. I'm guessing that these plugins are conflicting with each other when trying to parse the escape characters. I don't have any VS plugins so it's going to be difficult to debug (and unfortunately YEP message core's wordwrap still isn't working, which I assume is a big feature for you)

I'll see if I can make a skinny shaketext module and see if that interferes less.

EDIT: actually, looks like I can just incorporate the things I need into Fossil_Pre and Post without a dedicated module. Try it now.

Last edited:

Neosss19

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Neosss19

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
ah it's the SRD shakingtext? Try it now, I just got it working for panda (if you have visuastella message also installed apparently word wrap in that conflicts, but if you turn off wordwrap before producing shakeytext it's fine)
Yes works!!.

Many thanks ^^

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tested YEP Equip Battle Skills, EBS Allowed Types, and EBS Skill Tiers.

All of them technically work, just some menus that need to be adjusted.
I finally got around to looking at these. I did a couple of tweaks, I think the menus should be fine now. Can you check?

Last edited:

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just added support for more, including @waynee95 's WAY_Core and WAY_Achievements.

With them working in MZ, I can officially announce that we hit a hundred plugins!

f8dKxVg.png

I think that's worth a version bump. We're on v0.2 now!

PandaDance

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Congrats, @Restart! I know I must be speaking for hundreds of MZ users when I say thank you!

A question: if things are working fine with a previous version of the FOSSIL plugins, do you still recommend people update to the most recent versions?

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congrats, @Restart! I know I must be speaking for hundreds of MZ users when I say thank you!

A question: if things are working fine with a previous version of the FOSSIL plugins, do you still recommend people update to the most recent versions?
Updates shouldn't break anything (most of what I do is redirect calls to functions that don't exist in MZ), but if everything is working fine and you aren't tweaking your plugin stack further I'd probably leave things as is.

weso12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've tested the YEP_MapSelectEquip and it kind of works but they are two quirks I'd like to report:

Screenshot_297.png
Let's say I try this situation and

Screenshot_298.png
The text and the Map Select overlap, this is probably the important thing that's really worth finishing but their another minor thing I would enjoy being fixed

Screenshot_300.png
(The cancel in the middle is mostly their to show the overlap issues occur with multiple commands):

If you combine it specifically with VisuMz_1_ItemsEquipsCore the selection menu gets messed up in ratio especially with higher aspect ratios. It might not be fixed but just FYI.

LyraVultur

Non-binary Catbat
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Tested Jay_BattleVAManager, and while the game launches now, after the start of a battle involving an enemy with any <voice> tags, I'll get the classic circular reference error:
Error: Object too deep at Function.JsonEx._encode (rmmz_core.js:6380)
Interestingly, if it's a battlestart line, the line will still play, then this error happens. As well, if you use the name of a sound effect eg
<voice> hurt|/Cat </voice>
you need a leading backslash now, which I don't think you used to.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've tested the YEP_MapSelectEquip and it kind of works but they are two quirks I'd like to report:

View attachment 187894
Let's say I try this situation and

View attachment 187895
The text and the Map Select overlap, this is probably the important thing that's really worth finishing but their another minor thing I would enjoy being fixed

View attachment 187896
(The cancel in the middle is mostly their to show the overlap issues occur with multiple commands):
Thanks for the report. I'll have to look at that (custom windows often need a bit of tweaking).

Tested Jay_BattleVAManager, and while the game launches now, after the start of a battle involving an enemy with any <voice> tags, I'll get the classic circular reference error:
Error: Object too deep at Function.JsonEx._encode (rmmz_core.js:6380)
Interestingly, if it's a battlestart line, the line will still play, then this error happens. As well, if you use the name of a sound effect eg
<voice> hurt|/Cat </voice>
you need a leading backslash now, which I don't think you used to.
I'm not familiar with the plugin. Do you have a demo project for that one, so I can see how it's supposed to look when working?

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
anyway try the new PRE and see if you can get it to crash in an empty project.

I'm wondering if maybe your stack overflow error is caused by a conflict with a different plugin?

weso12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
BTW if anyone like me was wanting to know if HIME_HiddenChoiceConditions works, well I tested and found out it works, and in fact, seems to fully without FOSSIL and seems compatible with VisuMZ_1_MessageCore (including the extended choices, i managed to get an extended choice with hidden stuff just find), just remember to fully the instructions closely (making sure to use script call like the instructions ask not a Plugin command).

I know modern HimeWorks stuff is designed to work for both, but since this is a plugin that hasn't been updated since 2016 just thought I'd report.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
BTW if anyone like me was wanting to know if HIME_HiddenChoiceConditions works, well I tested and found out it works, and in fact, seems to fully without FOSSIL and seems compatible with VisuMZ_1_MessageCore (including the extended choices, i managed to get an extended choice with hidden stuff just find), just remember to fully the instructions closely (making sure to use script call like the instructions ask not a Plugin command).

I know modern HimeWorks stuff is designed to work for both, but since this is a plugin that hasn't been updated since 2016 just thought I'd report.
That's good! I'm not sure if I should add those in a separate list or not; I feel like there's a lot of value in knowing which MV plugins can be used but this might not be the appropriate thread. I'll have to think about it.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wow!!! Nailed it! Very nice initiative!!
:MV1:

LyraVultur

Non-binary Catbat
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
anyway try the new PRE and see if you can get it to crash in an empty project.

I'm wondering if maybe your stack overflow error is caused by a conflict with a different plugin?
Interestingly, you fixing the AudioManager.createBuffer hook seems to have stopped the crashes? Or I can't get it to crash again anyway. I tried it in a larger project too with a bunch of VisuStella plugins and it ran fine! So hopefully that did the trick!

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Interestingly, you fixing the AudioManager.createBuffer hook seems to have stopped the crashes? Or I can't get it to crash again anyway. I tried it in a larger project too with a bunch of VisuStella plugins and it ran fine! So hopefully that did the trick!
Glad it's working. I guess there are probably some hardcoded calls in there somewhere?

Anyway, that fix should make any other plugins that do sound stuff more likely to work in the future :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally working actively on Tundra! I'd like to share my wife's WIP art for the starting map and a rough draft of one of the later characters, Katrina. She's very eager to hear any feedback you might have!1623790662347.png
Got my first vax today, arm is a bit numb, but nothing odd so far. :kaopride:
dYOm9IY.jpg
image_2021-06-15_212613.png
Looks a bit.....kid friendly. Then again, I suppose that does with with a lot of retro themes... Crap, already spotted a flaw xD
What a stupid week so far! I was really short on sleep yesterday thanks to my back hurting and not falling asleep fast enough, now today I am 2 hours late for work because my damn alarm clock changed from the alarm setting, to the radio setting which I always keep muted.
I introduced "booby trap" as another indirect way to fight supernatural threats in the game.
But, some of my players are using it to blow up random citizens on the street.
Not sure how "creative" they can go with it. :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincentus