Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have added 30 or so more plugins.

One of the fun things about doing this is people asking about plugins that I wasn't aware of. KMS is a Japanese plugin maker, and he has a cool water map effect, a swirly random encounter, and a minimap, all of which now work in MZ too :)

Last edited:

LyraVultur

Non-binary Catbat
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh, wow! A working minimap plugin for MZ will be very handy!

weso12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just FYI I was trying YEP_X_SelectionControl(with the plugins YEP_BattleEngineCore and YEP_TargetCore since Yanfly lists those plugins as mandatory and adding "
<Single or Multiple Select>" to any skill, seems to have this effect

Screenshot_318.png

console window is that's helpful

Screenshot_319.png

Also from what i can tell skills that are set to target Actors by default, won't no matter what be able to target both with selection control (ones that target Enemies are able to target Actors no problems)

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just FYI I was trying YEP_X_SelectionControl(with the plugins YEP_BattleEngineCore and YEP_TargetCore since Yanfly lists those plugins as mandatory and adding "
<Single or Multiple Select>" to any skill, seems to have this effect

View attachment 188323

console window is that's helpful

View attachment 188324

Also from what i can tell skills that are set to target Actors by default, won't no matter what be able to target both with selection control (ones that target Enemies are able to target Actors no problems)
Can you show me the skill? I've tried this guy
1620145033951.png
And it works as expected (giving you the option to heal either one or all enemies - or if you change the 'scope' to allies, one or all allies).

Do you have any other plugins set up?
(Oh, and did you grab the latest version off github?)

weso12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can you show me the skill? I've tried this guy
View attachment 188335
And it works as expected (giving you the option to heal either one or all enemies - or if you change the 'scope' to allies, one or all allies).

Do you have any other plugins set up?
(Oh, and did you grab the latest version off github?)
I just got the updated version off github and it worked like a charm, sorry to bug you, I feel like an idiot now.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just got the updated version off github and it worked like a charm, sorry to bug you, I feel like an idiot now.
No problem, you shouldn't stress about it.

Speaking of not stressing about things, I've updated the plugin list again with about a dozen more, and have added a compatibility patch for Olivia's Anti-Player Stress, which is a very useful little plugin for tweaking default settings, and removing annoyances, and is probably familiar to most people on the forums.

Jay_FocusedSoundEffects is also working, which is nice. I love directional sound, and this is a really easy way to add it to your project.

Aside from that, I've decided the list in the OP should also include MV plugins that are reported to work in MZ both with Fossil and without it. They will be tagged with a little diesis symbol (‡). There isn't really a comprehensive list of MV plugins that can work in MZ, and I think this makes it more useful for people who want to know 'can I use this MV thing I found in MZ?'

If the plugin is labelled as being MZ compatible somewhere, obviously it won't be included in the OP (because anyone looking at the plugin will know what it works with), and the list in Fossil_Pre's introductory comments section won't include any ‡ plugins.

hyacinthh

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
hello!! just joined just to ask this question haha. I use the fossil plugin with the SRD shake text plugin, but all the shaking text appears to layer over all the following textboxes. This may be a problem with the shaking text plugin itself and not the fossil plugin, but I have no way of checking as I don't have rpg maker mv to do a test and rpgmaker mz won't run the plugin without fossil. Here's how it looks when the previous shaking text stacks on top of another.
Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 11.36.19 AM.png

It'll continue to stack and layer for all textboxes afterwards too. sorry if this is a little too much trouble!!

Onox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't know if this is my fault or bad interaction with other plugins but the "SRD_SkillExtender" seems to be having some trouble.
The "extender" function works but the name of the extended skills is not displayed ...

Edit: I tried with just the fossil and skill extender plugins in an empty project and it doesn't work either

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-05-06 162049.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-05-06 162049.png
    377 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello!! just joined just to ask this question haha. I use the fossil plugin with the SRD shake text plugin, but all the shaking text appears to layer over all the following textboxes. This may be a problem with the shaking text plugin itself and not the fossil plugin, but I have no way of checking as I don't have rpg maker mv to do a test and rpgmaker mz won't run the plugin without fossil. Here's how it looks when the previous shaking text stacks on top of another.
View attachment 188409

It'll continue to stack and layer for all textboxes afterwards too. sorry if this is a little too much trouble!!
Hello,

I've had this reported before. Are you using a plugin that does word wrap (MZ or MV)? If so, turn off wordwrap before reaching the shakeytext, and enable it afterwards. I still haven't worked out the kinks for getting wordwrap to work in general, and sometimes it has glitchy interactions with other plugins.

I don't know if this is my fault or bad interaction with other plugins but the "SRD_SkillExtender" seems to be having some trouble.
The "extender" function works but the name of the extended skills is not displayed ...

Edit: I tried with just the fossil and skill extender plugins in an empty project and it doesn't work either
I'll take a look at it. Plugins that make a custom window usually require one or two pokes so everything shows up in right size.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Try the latest version from github.

Also, I believe I have just gotten yanfly's ATB, CTB, and STB to generally work.

However, I am not super familiar with these systems, and I would appreciate someone who has already used them in a game to check out whether or not they're fully functional before I make it official.

I know CTB's turn order display isn't working yet, I'm sure there are other bugs.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It work perfectly !
Great, glad to hear it!

I saw that Moghunter adapted his ATB gauge plugin to track characters in the MZ ATB system. In the spirit of full interoperability, I hooked it into the Yanfly ATB. Fossil will detect if you have both mog's gauge and ATB set up, and do the needful.
xNgcigx.png

Note that only the MZ version of MOG_ATB_Gauge will work, since it's designed to be more flexible. Since the features are identical that shouldn't be an issue (and fossil will yell at you in the console if you grabbed the wrong file)

This also works with Yanfly CTB.

Last edited:

MirageV

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It was curious about this, so I tried it with Moghunter's MV Picture Gallery and it actually functions 100% correctly.

...Well, technically. The windows appear on screen like this, which made me snort.
2n2ZrzG.png

And this is how the same setup appears in MV at the same resolution.
tS1aN3S.png

I wonder if it's possible to get the windows sorted out in MZ? I'd super appreciate the effort. :rswt

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It was curious about this, so I tried it with Moghunter's MV Picture Gallery and it actually functions 100% correctly.

...Well, technically. The windows appear on screen like this, which made me snort.
2n2ZrzG.png

And this is how the same setup appears in MV at the same resolution.
tS1aN3S.png

I wonder if it's possible to get the windows sorted out in MZ? I'd super appreciate the effort. :rswt
I tried it in my test project and it looks like this
I1nGCqq.png

I tried resizing the window but it still looks like this
8rV0to5.png

What are your plugin settings? It seems to be working okay for me.

EDIT: Okay, I think I figured it out. It scales based off of the 'UI Area' setting in your System2, not based on 'Screen Width'. I guess that makes sense as a default since you don't want pictures to be onscreen that you can't click on. Try changing that and tell me if it works.

Last edited:

Jrrkein

Drago Royale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm using this plugin for my project.

Seems the UI won't fit with system2 setting as well kinda tight spot not like in this one
1620410385179.png
This one is clearly in MV, which fits perfectly in MZ it might be tight squeeze

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sorry, what's the issue?

This seems to be resizing fine in MZ as well
M3ZbGT6.png

2VVbyWz.png

Jrrkein

Drago Royale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think the issue doesn't seem fit well with screen resolution on system2
1620433253866.png

1620433336731.png

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems like either a conflict with another plugin, or your plugin parameters are set wrong.

I'm using the params from the demo project, which determine how big the windows are.

LLpXjyn.png

hBC6ber.png

TaxDVU0.png

Jrrkein

Drago Royale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
All the other plugins are Visuasetella, two gavs and fossil. Also I didn't tamper anything with the setting

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can you show me your plugin params? It's possible the demo project is set up differently

alternative you can try turning off the other plugins, it's impossible to predict if VS will break things.

Anyway I pushed a new Fossil_Post tweak that will fix the gauges on the achievement window so they appear and disappear properly, tell me if THAT works anyway.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I got the pause Icon to use 6 frames instead of 4, PLUS it goes: top 1-2-3, bottom 1-2-3. And everything just by playing around with the code & i think i've figured the important parts out now <3
eUuH09A.gif

ps. the animation isn't as "wonky" in RL, stupid recording -.-
Friendly reminder: Make a back up of your project! ;3 I just did one and recognized I would have lost a week worth of work.
Why is there undo but not a redo like every other software in existence? :blink:
Chili: Evolved to taste spicy so no animal would eat them.

Humans: "Jokes on you ..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sattakingcompany